Living The Lifestyle Monday 2/18/19

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,020 Member
Apologies for being tardy this afternoon. Crazy day so far.

We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for February are below:

Monday - imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - gadgetgirlIL (Regina)
Wednesday - minimyzeme (Kim)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - jerdtrmndone (Jerry)

Today's Topic: Consistency
Consistency / Priorities

Do you have Consistency in your LTL journey.? If so does it pay off good benefits.?

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,020 Member
    Options
    This is an area that seems to give me cause for concern in my case. Consistency is something that is necessary in my opinion for success not only in weight management but many aspects of life. It takes work to get this down and a person must be intentional in their actions whether daily or any period of time that one figures it takes to accomplish a person's goal or satisfaction.

I know for one I need to work on being more consistent.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit which translates into consistency in my LTL journey. Rare day that I don't start off at the fitness center or outside doing a bike ride or hike. My breakfast at home is always the same. And I always pack my lunch bag for work.

I've been below WW goal for 7 years now. So I'd say the benefits of my consistency are paying nice dividends!
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,712 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @imastar2
    I know for one I need to work on being more consistent.

I am trying to be consistent. I am doing this by subtracting my intake from calories spent and this is helping me to keep in more control and not over eat.
    If you put in MFP maintain instead of lose it will give a general idea of what you daily calories would be for you. Then change back to what you what you want to lose a wk. subtract that number from what you have eaten and it will give you a deficit for the day.
    If you eat more than your maintenance your over eating.
    This could help you to be more consistent, Does take a little effort but worth it, If you have a fitbit it will give you a better stat of your calories out for the day. Everything is a guess but it's helpful. Hope this helps you. sounds hard but it really isn't
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    It depends on what we're discussing. Am I conscious of my food choices and consistent in my approach? I would give myself about a 70% rating in that area. Am I consistent in logging my food? I'd give myself about a 20% rating in that area; although, I am working on that.

However, I must be consistent enough in food choices - I am losing. So, I guess I've learned something.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    Not consistant of late. :(
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Do you have Consistency in your LTL journey.? If so does it pay off good benefits.?

I do. I feel like I have to or risk going back to where I came from, 80 pounds heavier.

My consistency is in following my plan, not necessarily repeating every meal or step day after day. In fact, if I did that, I'd probably lose interest and drift back to where I came from. Instead, I still focus on the tracking, following my intake plan 90% of the time and walking more and more, when I make time for it. (Notice I didn't say "when I can", because I usually can since my legs aren't broken.)

Benefits? The usual: I move, breathe, and sleep much better than pre-WW. Blood work shows improved health. Increased self-confidence. Smaller, brighter clothes. More participation in and enjoyment of life.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    I am pretty consistent and it does help. I crept a bit in winter but seem to de doing better now.