Liquid water enhancers...

Options
IronGiant0
IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
Mio, Nestles, Crystal Light, etc. Lots of brands out there.
I use several flavors to help me with my water intake.
Good or bad? Labels all say 0, 0, 0, 0, but the fine print says:
Sweetened with Sucralose and Acesulfame-Potassium.
Internet seems mixed...
Any opinions?

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It’s this sweeteners that disagree with me and cause inflammation, and weight gain (really!! Not fair!!)! So, for me, it’s best to avoid them all. Some people have food cravings from them.

If you’re able to have them without trouble then go for it. That’s why this is an N=1 experiment. No one thing works, or doesn’t work, for all of us! It’s great to hear each other’s experiences so we know if we have something come up we’ve heard of it happening before. That’s why the support here rocks!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually just have my water plain...but occasionally I like something different...this past Sunday I had like a whole gallon of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade because I was just not in a water mood at all...I do keto for migraine control and it has not had any impact on my staying in ketosis as far as I can tell, symptom control is still good.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Stevia is used in the brand "Stir" if one prefers stevia to other sweeteners.

Also Mio has 3 flavors (that I am aware) of that are sweetened with stevia. A web search will identify which flavors or if in a store take a look at the right side of the bottle (as you're facing the store shelf). Stevia is in big print so easily identifiable.

I'm not really bothered by artificial sweeteners that I can tell. They might be killing me. Or not. :/
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    That depends on the version of sucralose used. If it's like the Splenda version then there's carbs. If they just used sucralose, not fluffed up with a maltodextrin filler like Splenda is, then it is truly zero carb. The same with ace-K. I'm guessing that they used the pure version of them since there's no maltodextrin or dextrose on the label, so zero carbs.

I use them all the time. And have since 2014 when I started low-carbing. I lost over 90lbs and achieved stellar bloodwork (including low trigs and high HDL and a stellar A1c) so, for me, it hasn't caused any problems that I can discern.

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    ojxcyp3mr4az.jpg

I have one of these everyday I wake up. Great sourse of electros
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    lxseejgyd816.jpg
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Humm... maybe not as safe as they advertise...
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don’t do added sweeteners and hard to find anything without any them .
    I like HINT and herbal waters but they can be pricey.
    Often I just squirt a little lemon or lime juice in my water bottle and go
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    I like my water plain and cold. If I want something different, I’ll drink a Powerade Zero. It has sucrolose as a sweetener.

Also thanks for adding me to the group!

Rita in New Mexico