Your day

Options
Jerdtrmndone
Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,712 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Discuss something good in your day.

I finally got my back shots in my SI joints after months of pain. Hope it will help me walk more.
Closing in on a new part time job. Just waiting for my back ground to be checked. Will keep me off my butt.

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    Very positive day at work. I will be subbing for my boss over the next month; so, there are a lot of details to iron out. Most of them are handled, now. A couple for tomorrow. That's a good day.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    This morning I cleared the 4-6" of snow we got (with the snowblower), over 3K steps, and 5AP's for the exertion (as reported to WW from FitBit.
    Then this afternoon I saw my cardiologist (routine checkup) and he said he's see my NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!
    This was a really good day. :)
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Great Day In Guatamala! We finished up our volunteer work at the small school we have been at all week. My Dr. Wife saw over 50 patients in 3 days, while I helped complete setting up a carpentry shop for them to use in teaching a skill to the students. Then in the evening we took a crazy steep shuttle up to the top of a local mountain for an outstanding meal at a farm to table resturaunt. Now its off to a local lake for 3 days of sun & fun before returning to Virginia.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Great day at work for me as well. The Institutional Research guy got me a dataset that I need for a looming project 2 weeks earlier than I had expected. I spent an hour geeking out with him over what he got me as well as the possibilities for other data we can get. The project I'm working on is in the early stages so I'm doing a lot of data mining to figure out the best way to organize and analyze the data to support our internal needs.

I was a computer programmer/database administrator for a long time. I still really enjoy that type of work!
  • jasper60103
    jasper60103 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Completed my annual biometrics health screening, aka finger poke exam.
    My test results show all numbers are in the normal or healthy range.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I just woke up, so I’ll recap yesterday.

I had a half day at work, and accomplished much. I went for a long walk out in the woods with my wife. We took our 22 year old son out for dinner, and I made a healthy choice.

I finished the evening by going to one of my recovery meetings. At the meeting, we grieved the passing of one of my friends who died of a heart attack, but clean and sober, all while greeting a brand newcomer to the recovery world.

It was a good day.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Today was a great day on the scale! I won this month's (1st month of 6) weigh in for my diet bet! Have no idea what I'll win, but I'm excited to win the first one! It took not eating all day, I'm at the up swing of my normal bouncing scale, but at 3 p.m., I finally hit my goal!
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    @linmueller Your working it girl. keep up your good work.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Jerdtrmndone . I'm definitely trying! Nothing like putting a little money behind it to keep my committed.