Hey, PNW friends...

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
How are you guys doing? Safe and warm?

My wife called me to tell me we have between 3' and 4' at our place, and it is still snowing. No power, which may be out for three days or more - which means no water because we have a pump from the well. Big branch fell and hit the corner of our solarium, taking out to large panes of glass. A huge fir, next to the house, fell while we were on the phone. Luckily, it fell away from the house. Everyone is okay, though.

Replies

• Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Sorry to here the news. Stay safe!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,586 Member
    Options
    Wow. I hope that is the end of it and they get power up quickly.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I’m really sorry @misterhub ! That’s some phenomenal snow and tough circumstances to deal with. Most important thing is that everyone is ok. Hope you all get through it with minimal additional impact!
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Wow! Stay safe and warm.

The snow in our area is hit or miss. We got zero snow at my house, but other places got covered.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,020 Member
    Options
    Wow! @misterhub that was a wallop you got there. Glad your all safe. So your best to stay warm.
  • misterhub
    Options
    Wow! Stay safe and warm.

The snow in our area is hit or miss. We got zero snow at my house, but other places got covered.

The power outage in Lane County is so widespread that they've had to call in crews from other utilities. They are saying it could be Friday or Saturday before the power is fully restored.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Just shy of 3 inches at my house in Beaverton near PDX. so sorry to hear about your solarium. Out of power? Yikes! Stay safe.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been hit with this crazy winter weather too. I can relate here in MI. We called in extra help from out of state, a few weeks ago, and they're here again as a result of the winds. On a bright note, our community is being so cool with the out of state workers! I've seen them receive free warm meals from area restaurants and heard about many more acts of kindness. We're very grateful for their help!

Hope your power is restored quickly!
  • misterhub
    Options
    My wife finally got her power back today. Hundreds remain without still.

Now, if she can just get dug out.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Glad she has power. Whew. Snow melted quickly in Beaverton.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I feel for you and her, @misterhub ! That sounds worse than an East Coast storm, and in fact I'm sure it is since we're at least used to similar events.
  • linmueller
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »
    My wife finally got her power back today. Hundreds remain without still.

Now, if she can just get dug out.

Wow! That was a really long time without power! I can't imagine!
  • misterhub
    Options
    Just got a call from my wife. A Christian ministry group had come to our town to help folks out, and they are sending a crew to our place this afternoon to help dig out my wife. Supremely good news.
  • linmueller
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »
    Just got a call from my wife. A Christian ministry group had come to our town to help folks out, and they are sending a crew to our place this afternoon to help dig out my wife. Supremely good news.

That's the kind of news I love to hear!!! Christians serving! So happy for your wife!!!
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Great news!