need lc foods

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
doing this since july, kind of getting tired of same foods even though proud I lost 30 lbs. I eat pepperoni, cheese,eggs,bacon,sausage, chicken,meat,salad,tuna,soup, and thank goodness found rice cauliflower here lately I love. What else do ya eat, no more than 3 ingredients when I cook, like it simple. I love to snack. love lettuce wraps. What do you mainly eat most days?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    There is plenty of ideas on pinterest....
  • brenn24179
    Options
    I know I am tired of pork rhinds. I seem to eat same thing every day, guess that is ok
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Can you mix up or try new veggies? Cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms (technically not a veg, but "acts" like one), etc.

Or try new ways of cooking things, like omelets (or in my house, I do scramlets, cause I have never mastered flipping the stupid omelet!!).

Or try adding sauces, or messing around with avocado recipes. I hear there is a decent avocado ice cream recipe on the web.

I have also recently found that roasting my own almonds and pecans is very easy and MUCH tastier (and cheaper) than store bought roasted ones. These make a very appealing and crunchy snack. (melt 1 TBSP butter, add 1/4 tsp fine grained salt, mix with 1 cup of either nut, and spread on tinfoil lined backing sheet with sides. Roast in 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes, stir, and then continue to bake for 2-4 minutes and stir until nuts start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.) This in particular makes pecans absolutely amazing!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It's all in the preparation.

How are you cooking the meats? Are you doing vegetables and if so, how are you preparing them? Even doing something like putting the sausage or bacon into the eggs as a scramble instead of over-easy eggs with a side of bacon can make all the difference in the world.

Also, try different meats (and btw, chicken and tuna are also meat ;) ). Venison, bison, elk, and wild boar are becoming increasingly common options in various stores (though you might have to check out the more niche "natural foods" stores to find them, as opposed to, say, Giant Eagle). If you can't do that, at least try different cuts of meats. Don't know what to do with a flank steak? Find a recipe and try it!

When was the last time you did Taco Tuesday?
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Salads w/ cheese, ham, turkey, chicken, bacon, sunflower seeds (any combination). Macadamia nuts. Individual packets of nut butters (I buy these for portion control b/c I have no self control around them). Deli meat - ham, turkey, chicken, roast beef - roll ups w/ pickles. Lily's chocolate bars. Taco salad. Stir fry. Smoked sausage. Cheese crisps (either store bought or homemade - I love both.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/delicious-low-carb-and-keto-dishes-in-5-ingredients-or-less

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/category/5-ingredients-or-less/

https://joyfilledeats.com/easy-keto-meals/

If you don't want to cook at all and choose to eat out, stick to chain restaurants that have the nutrition of the menu on line. Plan ahead. Out of curiosity I just looked up Magianno's. The Fettucini Alfredo has 142 carbs. :# Their sausage and peppers, 17. :)

I recall you keep carbs at 100 or fewer per day? If so, you have lots of choices. Choose the foods you won't over eat and don't eat several of the higher carb foods in one day. Plan ahead. If you have oatmeal for breakfast don't have a Whopper/fries for lunch and Spaghetti/ crusty bread for dinner. Probably ought to skip the desserts that day too (or plan accordingly).

I want it all but it doesn't quite work that way. Bummer. Hope you find something helpful in those 3 websites. There are tons more via Google.
  • brenn24179
    Options
    thanks for these suggestions, helps a lot, having summer sausage and kraut tonight, I heard a guy on tv this morning say let your food be your best friend, something that makes you feel good about yourself! Low carb has sure helped me 30 lbs down.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Or try new ways of cooking things, like omelets (or in my house, I do scramlets, cause I have never mastered flipping the stupid omelet!!).
    !

😆 I’m so using that next time I only flip half the omelet..
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I do my omelets like this video only I just use the lid of the pan. Mine has only a very tiny lip on it so I can slide it right off back into the pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Rc9PBIFig
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I love cooking. lol But I do have pre teens and teens and life gets in the way sometimes. Honestly, it's so simple but a lot of non cooks are scared of roasting a chicken. DO NOT BE AFRAID! SO SIMPLE! SO EASY! and you can eat off it all week if you want.

So, I roast chickens most Sundays, I do a lot of taco nights where the only "real" cooking is ground beef and seasonings, I have a couple crock pot low carb soups that are perfect to set and forget and are very simple for non cooks. (I take personal offense to cooking something on the stove then cooking it again in the crock pot)

I hard boil eggs and eat a boat load of them. I love eggs in all forms. ALL THE EGGS. My favorite is to mix the eggs up with mayo and spoon them into half an avocado. Like egg salad in an avocado. I can live on that.

Quick and easy: cream cheese spread on deli ham put a pickle in the middle and roll up. I can also eat that for days on end.

Canned sardines and oysters are also a dirty little secret of mine. I love them and they're simple and easy for a meal or snack. Especially if they are canned in olive oil, I'll just dump them over greens and eat.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I bumped a couple of threads up to the top for you. There are pages and pages of pics of what people in this group have made. Some are plain and simple. Others are more complex. Even if there is no recipe associated with the pictures, often, it has helped me with ideas. From there, I have done more specific searches if I need help making something.

Now that warmer weather is right around the corner, my smoker will be getting much more use for things like my bacon explosion:
    n07batj7bf9n.jpg

and armadillo eggs:

0vqdzab4e315.jpg

and bacon crusted ribs:

2y0z78xv00nh.jpg

And beer can bacon burgers:

bx5enqen7987.jpg