BHB

Options
myname20
myname20 Posts: 97 Member
Hey guys. I am confused and I hope someone can save me.
I use Perfect Keto base exogenous ketones. I am supposed to mix the powder/grains with water or coffee, but it just doesn't blend with the liquid. At least 20% of powder stays at the bottom of my cup or glass even if I blend/mix it well. Why? Nobody seems to talk about this online, so am I the only one experiencing it? I can't eat that powder with spoon (disgusting) and I don't want to waste it.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Never tried the stuff, but you're describing "supersaturation." Too much solute / too little solution.

Looks like they recommend 10 ounces of liquid. That's more than the typical coffee cup. Try a bigger cup?
  • myname20
    Options
    Thanks! Where did you read that if its not a secret?
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I went to amazon and looked at the package label. :)

411vMlWQN-L.jpg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Blending with hot water sometimes seems to help, but I too would just use less and spread out your usage of it.

How do you find the flavour? Is it a ketone salt?
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I've used it before and I find it works best if I blended it in my bullet blender. I liked the coffee one best.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I have not used this but when I was experimenting with whey protein I experienced what you have, a sludge that doesn't blend. after some searching and experimenting on my own I realized that 1) temp of the liquid was critical and 2) quantities mattered.

ratio of powder to liquid needed to be exact and if it was too hot or too cold it would refuse to blend well. I gagged more than once while figuring that all out. :grimace:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I have not used this but when I was experimenting with whey protein I experienced what you have, a sludge that doesn't blend. after some searching and experimenting on my own I realized that 1) temp of the liquid was critical and 2) quantities mattered.

ratio of powder to liquid needed to be exact and if it was too hot or too cold it would refuse to blend well. I gagged more than once while figuring that all out. :grimace:

I still add when to my coffee when it is too hot once in a while. Coffee curds... mmmmm. :#
  • myname20
    Options
    My jar doesn't have anything written on it (about the liquid - powder ratios) so I thought the other ones are the same.
    I will try more liquid tomorrow. ;)
    I also tried hot water, warm water, cold water, shaking etc.. I guess my last choice is blending!

Mine has Caramel taste, it's okay, not great, not bad.. definitely tastier than a protein powder! :)