Apple watch

Options
dulcitonia
dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
I have successfully avoided getting an Apple watch ... but now I see sos features, fall alerts and ekgs. Wondering if any of my LC buddies love it or is it something expensive that ends up in a drawer?
..I have a waterproof activity tracker (kayaking) but it looks like I’m on house arrest :) so I don’t use it much

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We've been wearing an apple watch for over 3 years now I think? We don't use the sos or fall alert stuff, and the ekg doesn't work on our older watch. So can't comment on that.

What we do use it for though, is tracking activity and workouts. It's been reallly effective for us, 'closing the rings' each day and meeting challenges and stuff.

We also like the info screens you get on the phone its paired with, so you can get lots of details around a given workout or whatever.

Having said all that, I think it took us about 3 or 4 months to really get into using it. Like, it was a bit of a gimick for us at first, but once we got into it we were hooked. :smiley:
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    3years is a good run to stay interested in tech !
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a little over a year, and I wear it daily. I find it can be really helpful for tracking workouts (I swim most days). It can be interesting to see how everyday activities add up in terms of calories and exercise. Tonight I was running late for an event and did some walking from the nearest parking garage. I got credit for 15 minutes of exercise and a couple hundred calories (probably because I was basically jogging up hill to make sure that I was on time.