Britt's OMAD Renewal

Options

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on that....mind over matter --you've got this...
  • futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weight: 156.2 | 1 lb until first mini milestone (1/12 of the way to goal)!
    OMAD: ~4:35 PM (couldn't make it!)
    5dp6wa6ek71u.jpg
    k54wad0g97kv.png

This was good but not as good as yesterday, which I think is related to the fact that I made these eggs ahead of time and reheated them. Even though eggs come together very quickly, I can already see this being a problem because I often have to make food in advance since I am so busy. My solution is to make meals ahead that are meant to be cold (ie. deviled eggs, egg salad, etc) and to make hot foods fresh, which will most likely happen on the weekends. I also am sorely missing differing textures in my meals, so I ordered some keto-friendly crackers and roasted seaweed for some crunch. I am probably going to have some celery tomorrow to mitigate this in the meantime.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    You had a good day though. Super low on carbs - wow that is awesome! Maybe you can find some other variations for texture like you said, that would be a huge issue for me, I like some crunch!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I need some crunch in ma life....I do love eggs and avos though LOLOL
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    You had a good day though. Super low on carbs - wow that is awesome! Maybe you can find some other variations for texture like you said, that would be a huge issue for me, I like some crunch!!
    I am planning on some celery and sunflower seeds today for some crunch, so I hope those help!
    Ditto - I need some crunch in ma life....I do love eggs and avos though LOLOL
    Don't get me wrong - the taste was ON POINT. But just not as good as when the eggs are freshly made. I made an avocado egg salad for today, so I am super excited for that! :p
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    [Don't get me wrong - the taste was ON POINT. But just not as good as when the eggs are freshly made. I made an avocado egg salad for today, so I am super excited for that! :p
    [/quote]

OMG avocado + eggs = <3<3<3 yummy
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    [Don't get me wrong - the taste was ON POINT. But just not as good as when the eggs are freshly made. I made an avocado egg salad for today, so I am super excited for that! :p

OMG avocado + eggs = <3<3<3 yummy
    [/quote]

Avo+ANYTHING=yummmm LOL
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on for 1st mini milestone :smile: You can do it! I love anything with eggs but as for avo, I am allergic to it :(
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Weight: 155.0 | 2.2 lb until second mini milestone (2/12 of the way to goal)!
    OMAD: ~4:45 (slowly pushing it back!)
    qlmi17tv4hql.jpg470q7hqpvym3.png

Now THIS did it for me. Lots of different textures and tastes, though I could still go for a bit more crunch. I can't wait for my crackers to arrive! This wasn't much to look at, but it was a working meal, so I just ate out of containers. This was the first meal that I couldn't get through very quickly even though I was very hungry beforehand. Carb Manager won't last too much longer around these parts because I always end up falling into intuitive eating on keto as my appetite diminishes, and I don't like to force things just for the sake of a tracker. Plus, now that I know I have to make sure I include more fat than I think and add another protein source besides eggs, I won't need it much longer (I've been drinking a protein shake with all of my meals but have forgotten to include it in some pictures).
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Glad you found your crunch.....hope your crackers arrive soon!!!
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Glad you found your crunch.....hope your crackers arrive soon!!!
    Me too! I think they will be here on Monday!
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Weight (2/27): 153.8
    No pic from yesterday because I ended up eating out unexpectedly and didn't stick to keto. I ate a larger meal yesterday over the course of 2 rather than 1 hour since I was socializing. Small bump-up on the scale today, but I am not stressing over being perfect anymore. Back to keto today!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You are still doing great Britt!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Good mindset babe! Onward and upward! (or in this case downward :D:D:D )
  • futuredrbri
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! I am much too stressed about school to add another stressor of being perfect on keto. I have gone the perfectionist keto route a few times to the point where I was actually afraid of carbs. It never stuck. This time, I am taking it in stride if I have a one-off. I think that's the only way I can make this permanent. 90% of the time I easily can and will follow keto, but I am going to be okay with that 10%, especially because it seems that IF buffers quite a lot of the deleterious effects of eating off plan. In the past, carb-heavy eating like I did last night would have me 2-3 lbs heavier overnight, but I would usually have been eating all day and then had some carb bombs on top of that. I think OMAD really helped because my eating was very limited.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You are so right Britt. OMAD is the perfect buffer for any style of eating. I always do better with restricting my time over restricting what foods I eat. I do much better on low carb and am going to try to get back to it, but it is good to know that if I do happen to eat carbs and I stay true to my eating window, I will have minimal gain. OMAD/IF for life
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Amen to all of you :) I am glad you threw being perfect out the window :) we all slip but we all get up and support each other when we do! You are doing awesome!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YES YES AND YES to everything all of ya's said!!!!

It sounds so simple and almost SILLY but OMAD gives you FREEDOM...SO MUCH OF IT!

I'm SO over giving up any particular food group, but timing my meals is easy! :) Love the flexible attitude Britt, and together we'll all get where we wanna be!!! Then we can finally join poor lonely @Brendalea69 in maintenance :D:D:D
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support and kind comments, ladies! I canNOT wait until we're with Brenda!!!

I need your opinions: I'm actually not hungry at all, but I am trying to decide if I should eat anyway since my next meal wouldn't be until around 5 tomorrow. Though I'm not hungry, I don't want to get into the habit of eating "imperfectly" and then fasting afterwards since that can easily fall into an unsafe pattern as someone who battles with an ED (I am VERY prone to the binge and fast pattern, and while yesterday wasn't technically a binge, I could still predict me "punishing" myself for eating too much under the guise of fasting in the future). I am thinking of incorporating a longer OMAD window once a week like yesterday, which would be perfect because Wednesdays are date nights, so I could potentially just start with that pattern by just getting back to having my normal meal at my normal time today. I am thinking the longer window would just be enough time for my regular meal, some wine or another LC drink, and then a keto dessert over the course of 2 hours while socializing with the boo. What do you ladies think?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ok I have a few thoughts:

I have struggled with binging (and anxiety...though mine is much more situational than chronic) too, so long fasts made me nervous at first as well - though I must say, I attribute no major binging TO THE OMAD ironically LOL - I feel more in control and not restricted in the way we were unfortunately conditioned so now I don't want to binge :) Now that being said, I think you and I have talked about it and my binging wasn't nearly as severe as yours so obviously make sure you read your own mental signals.

BUT I don't think fasting if you're not hungry is a bad thing after an *imperfect day*, as long as you don't accidentally associate it in the back or your mind with "punishment". My first instinct is to tell you that if that thought comes in think of the word "balance" instead...that helps me on both ends of my weekly pattern :)

I don't think it'd do ya any harm to hold off...what's the worst thing that happens? You get hungry later and hafta eat a lil somethin'?

I am waiting with bated breath to hear what my partners-in-crime think as well :)