Challenge Goal: 160

Week 1: 174.9
    Week 2: 175.4
    Week 3: ...
    Week 4: ...
    Week 5: ...
    Week 6: ...
    Week 7: 179.4

A positive thought for the week: Spring is only 25 days away (I'm hopeful)
    Healthy snack or meal: fruit
    Best workout this week: none

Comments: Ok, I've been missing in action long enough. Our move is done. Completely. I found my scale (kinda wish I hadn't) and don't have any excuses for not getting back on my plan.

Recently I have been reading a blog about World War 2 rations in England and one woman's attempt to recreate for that for herself in the 21st century. It is very interesting to note that the British people, even though they were bombed and digging their way back from that, ended the war in generally better health due to improved nutrition. While I am firmly against the government telling anyone what they can eat, it can be noted that the rationing scheme did improve the health of the population. The US also had rationing during the war, but not as lengthy as the Brits. The Brits were under rationing from 1940 to 1954.

Anyway, part of my interested came about because I watch some British mysteries set in WW2 which talk about rationing (in one, they rationed off an onion) and also because my husband noted from WW2 news reels that we watched on YouTube that in the many street scenes everyone appeared fairly fit and there were now obese people.

Just my two cents (pence?) on something I'm finding interesting right now.

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

Week 1: 194.2
    Week 2: 193.0
    Week 3: 192.0
    Week 4: 191.8
    Week 5: 191.2
    Week 6: 192.0
    Week 7: 190.4

Back on track! We sold our house, now to close in mid-April....
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

Week 1: 194.2
    Week 2: 193.0
    Week 3: 192.0
    Week 4: 191.8
    Week 5: 191.2
    Week 6: 192.0
    Week 7: 190.4

Back on track! We sold our house, now to close in mid-April....

Just finished doing that! Good luck!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226
    Week 1: 238.0
    Week 2: 238.0
    Week 3: 237.2
    Week 4: 237.6
    Week 5: 235.6
    Week 6: 235.6
    Week 7: 236.6

A positive thought: Creating for my thesis project when my other, discussion-oriented class lets me.
    A healthy snack/meal: lots of discounted steak salad.
    My most effective workout this week was: Body cycle.

Comment: We had snow on Friday in southern Arizona which almost never ever happens at this elevation. I felt like we were headed for Christmas, not Spring and Easter! Lots of stress on the school front, reduced my hours at work just a little to have more time, no social life, and seeking out opportunities after graduation.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Weigh in day is Friday for me since it’s the 1st of the month. Let’s see...last week I managed to do cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and I lifted on MWF. I’ve made a personal decision to stop eating sweets. Thy give me gas, make me feel bloated in clothes that should fit normal, they don’t feel me up, they are bad for my teeth and overall health. I can’t eat them in moderation either. I’m hoping this is something I can stick to. Last night I ate dinner and no dessert. That was a start.

I had a wonky day yesterday. Pretty much laid in bed all day. I’m sad about some things that I need to snap out of it. Really wish I could do a “me” vacation...to clear my head you know. Career, marriage, children and all the ideas I have and realities I’m facing are a bit stressing as of late. I’m hoping for a good week this week all around. Looking for a career path and looking for a job can totally suck the life out of you if you don’t watch it. If you add that on top of trying to the daily to-dos it’s worse.

Here’s to better days :-)
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Weigh in day is Friday for me since it’s the 1st of the month. Let’s see...last week I managed to do cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and I lifted on MWF. I’ve made a personal decision to stop eating sweets. Thy give me gas, make me feel bloated in clothes that should fit normal, they don’t feel me up, they are bad for my teeth and overall health. I can’t eat them in moderation either. I’m hoping this is something I can stick to. Last night I ate dinner and no dessert. That was a start.

I had a wonky day yesterday. Pretty much laid in bed all day. I’m sad about some things that I need to snap out of it. Really wish I could do a “me” vacation...to clear my head you know. Career, marriage, children and all the ideas I have and realities I’m facing are a bit stressing as of late. I’m hoping for a good week this week all around. Looking for a career path and looking for a job can totally suck the life out of you if you don’t watch it. If you add that on top of trying to the daily to-dos it’s worse.

I wish I could give you more than one hug. :)

Without being preachy, let me share one of my favorite quotes from St. Teresa of Avila -- “Let nothing disturb you, nothing frighten you, all things are passing, God is unchanging. Patience gains all; nothing is lacking to those who have God: God alone is sufficient.”

Remember that nothing remains the same and this too shall pass.

~ Carol
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226
    Week 1: 238.0
    Week 2: 238.0
    Week 3: 237.2
    Week 4: 237.6
    Week 5: 235.6
    Week 6: 235.6
    Week 7: 236.6

A positive thought: Creating for my thesis project when my other, discussion-oriented class lets me.
    A healthy snack/meal: lots of discounted steak salad.
    My most effective workout this week was: Body cycle.

Comment: We had snow on Friday in southern Arizona which almost never ever happens at this elevation. I felt like we were headed for Christmas, not Spring and Easter! Lots of stress on the school front, reduced my hours at work just a little to have more time, no social life, and seeking out opportunities after graduation.

We are all getting tired of snow here in Iowa. Gotta feel for you Southwesterners and of course, the shocked Hawaiians! :) Good luck with that thesis project!

~ Carol
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Goal: 128

Week 1: 132.2
    Week 2: 132.2
    Week 3: 132.2
    Week 4: 131.6
    Week 5: 131.0
    Week 6: 130.8
    Week 7: 133.6

A positive thought for the week: One of my kiddos (that I see at work... I'm not a mom) has gone from being completely nonverbal to forming sentences with ASL signs! He can request specific toys, activities, and answer simple yes/no questions. Another therapist saw him for me last week and was so impressed with his progress. I need to learn more signs so I can teach them to him and his mom.
    Healthy snack or meal:
    Oatmeal with apples or raspberries and walnuts. And honey for some sweetness~
    Best workout this week: Yoga and dog walk!

Comments: idk why I am up in weight, but I don't feel too bad about it. I've just ordered a mop and some self-esteem, anxiety, and emotional healing self-help workbooks off Amazon, but I'm worried they may be too general because I'd naturally like something relevant to me rather than to mainstream culture. I will keep searching if these don't work out for me though.
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 230.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 165.0
    Challenge goal weight: 210 - MET in 2:12!!
    New challenge goal: 200

1/1: 230.4
    1/8: 224.6
    1/15: 218.4
    1/22: 216.4
    1/29: 215.0
    2/5: 212.4
    2/12: 209.8
    2/19: 205.8
    2/26: 204.0

I am tantalizingly close to that magical 200 mark.. so close! 7 more lbs and I will be halfway to my ultimate goal weight which just seems crazy to me!

I’ve had 2 different people at work today comment on my appearance. One asked me if I was doing something different with my hair because I “look different” and one that flat out told me I look good and asked me how much weight I’ve lost :smile: So good day so far!
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.4
    Challenge Goal: 115-120

Week 1: 127.4
    Week 2: 126.8
    Week 3: 126.2
    Week 4: 125.6
    Week 5: 125.0
    Week 6: 123.8
    Week 7: 125.8

A positive thought for the week: After eating some out of ordinary foods last week I’m happy with the scale.. hopefully getting back into a rhythm this week
    Healthy snack/meal: Grapes
    Best workout: Treadmill
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Hi ladies!

I wish I could give you more than one hug. :)

Without being preachy, let me share one of my favorite quotes from St. Teresa of Avila -- “Let nothing disturb you, nothing frighten you, all things are passing, God is unchanging. Patience gains all; nothing is lacking to those who have God: God alone is sufficient.”

Remember that nothing remains the same and this too shall pass.

~ Carol

This is beyond sweet and spoke to me. There’s something I was just getting ready to do but I’m taking you up on that patience deal. God is always in control and whatever I can’t handle I know He will handle it for me.

Thank you for such a sweet message.
This discussion has been closed.