Anyone else finding exercise is increasing appetite?

Options
I’ve really revved up my exercise recently and my appetite has sky rocketed, anyone else? It’s increased my carb cravings too.

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kind of exercise. When I run I need more fuel after but pretty much anything else I'm good with burning fat for fuel.
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Thanks for replying qweck. Yes I’ve been running and had a few carbs so not sure if that has caused my appetite to Rev up. I stupidly ate some carbs after (but justified it in my mind as a long run) but I’ve definitely had a insatiable appetite. Might be tiredness too I guess.
  • qweck3
    Options
    I don't think it's out of the norm. Running drains those energy stores quickly. I take in a small amount of carbs shortly before the run and right at the end so the body has its insta-fuel.

I like to think of it as a race car: Carb are my nitro to get off the line, fat takes over for the long game and immediately I recharge to avoid to much of a blood sugar drop which had it's own effects on the body.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal for increased activity to increase appetite. I find that carbs after my workout help control it more for me, but everyone is a bit different so don't be afraid to experiment and see what works best for you.
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Hi tun believer - I think I needed some carb for the amount of excercise I had been doing but the flood gates opened I felt I could eat a house! Probably there’s a compromise in there somewhere.
  • qweck3
    Options
    Compromise is protein. Grab a chicken breast and let protein do it's thing.