Britt's OMAD Renewal

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Yeah darlin definitely adjust your weigh so so that you're comfy.... I like the daily ones but still only count the one I know will be lowest for mental reasons...your progress is great and remember that the uptick is almost certainly glycogen since you stepped out of keto a bit.... Its all lies, kick that mental anguish out... You're awesome and you're having success...Let's celebrate us today ladies <3<3<3
  • futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words, ladies! I am DEFINITELY very hard on myself and very unrealistic, and I know all these things, and the thoughts are changing verrrrrrrry slowly (but not quickly enough for me to handle it right now). I think weekly will be the better choice, especially with adding exercise back in and knowing I will gain/maintain for a while before dropping some weight.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Update: Super packed weekend, so this is my first time on the community side. I have pretty much abandoned keto as I always seem to do when I start exercising. Fat adaptation takes a very long time, and my partner and I decided to train for a 5K this May, so I really don't have that time at all. I have also been eating meat (no beef) because it's been much easier to get my protein in quickly without having to track anything. I will revisit my keto ovo veg goals this summer with hopes that I will be fully adapted by the time I run another 5K next April.
    I have, however, stuck completely to OMAD, which has been awesome. I do still want the benefits of carb reduction, especially when it comes to reducing sugar, so I have decided to only allow treats on my weekend OMADs, and those treats will still be low carb/sugar-free unless I go out to eat. During the week, I am going to focus on eating relatively low carb and sugar-free. Date night on Wednesday is now caput since we're both super busy, so we've decided to just do weekends together from now on. This will definitely make staying sugar-free during the week even easier.
    These past few days have been very unusual in that I have eaten out everyday, so I am pretty sure that along with weight training, "playing" basketball this weekend (read: throwing up airballs and defending way too aggressively while trying to avoid breaking my nails), and incline walking this morning have me retaining water like a mofo. This is fine because the exercise has been a very nice stress relief and my mood has improved dramatically. This is more important to me than my scale weight right now, though I still want to meet my March goal somehow. I won't be eating out nearly as much for the rest of the month, so I know I will save myself quite a bit of sodium and hidden sugar right there. We'll see!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Wow..5K run? A M A Z I N G, gf!!! I know what you mean about playing basketball not trying to not break your nails... :lol: I am the same when I play basketball with my son. :) I am glad to hear that you have found your comfy zone. Good luck! <3:)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Britt ---great on the 5k. LOL love the basketball story :) I am the same way LOL.....But I am glad you are not stressing too much over the temporary weight that could come from the sodium etc. It will go away :) you just do what you need and it sounds like you have an amazing plan! Rooting for you!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes Britt, you are well on your way and I am rooting you on and pray you stay encouraged. The fluctuations will come and we have to know that if we continue the plan, as you are with your dedication to OMAD, the losses will come. I am excited for you and your new plan and wish you much success on the 5K. You've got this!! We are all with you and wishing you the best.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I like that you're taking the pressure off a little...keto AND omad AND a crazy hectic life AND exercise can be a little overwhelming - I LOLed when I read your basketball thing. That's literally me (if I have my nails done LOL)...I'm not un-athletic but basketball somehow eludes me LOL
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Y'all are too funny! I used to play powderpuff football, and apparently I was doing too much of that under the guise of "defense" during the game :D And then she would throw the ball too hard, and I would get mad and have to pause to look at my nails.
    Thanks so much for your support, ladies! I think getting active is most important right now for my mood and stress levels, and I know that also comes with some extra weight, so I am TRYING to be realistic about it. I am definitely scared of my next weigh-in, though!
    I am coming back to MM today. I've been too busy to do much tracking but I am determined to get back on it with you all!
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    gw2bpo6czs4a.png

I made a new goal of getting out of the 150s. I think 4-5 pounds each month will be my goal from now on since I am not following keto and will be working out.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Great plan for you. OMAD makes it so easy to adjust when we need and you are doing great recognizing what works for you! Keep going!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I like the new plan too :) The weight will come off as you take care of yourself :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Just remember that muscle does weigh more than fat ---so if the scale creeps you will know it is for the best because you are building that muscle and getting stronger...….
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Definitely take note of how your clothes are fitting, they may be a better tell than the scale now that you have added the exercise. The scale won't tell the true story.

4-5 pounds a month is a great realistic goal and I am sure you will knock it out of the park.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    rq58irpivbta.png

I pretty much ate the exact opposite of how I planned, but this was really quick. I have since decided to eat what I want like I am supposed to on OMAD anyway. I do want to tackle my sugar addiction, but I think focusing on exercise and OMAD is probably all I can handle right now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    rq58irpivbta.png

I pretty much ate the exact opposite of how I planned, but this was really quick. I have since decided to eat what I want like I am supposed to on OMAD anyway. I do want to tackle my sugar addiction, but I think focusing on exercise and OMAD is probably all I can handle right now.

Agreed babe, keep it to a reasonable, attainable, realistic goal - BTW eating what I want is the only reason I succeed on OMAD so God bless ya if you can stick to it otherwise LMAO
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I love being able to eat the foods that I want anytime I choose and yes there are days when I go lower calorie or lower carb but it's not a daily regimen anymore :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Me too...one reason I love Omar is because I can eat whatever I want. Keep up the good work🙂
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hi Britt, I totally agree with the others if I don't eat what I want it causes me to eat everything in a mindless way. It is almost like if I try to restrict something I want it even more......So you do what is the healthiest for you not only physically but mentally at well ---that is a huge part of it also....You are doing great!!!

• futuredrbri
    Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies! Yes, eating what you want does make OMAD that much more enjoyable. I think I was trying to "supercharge" fat loss before so that I could hit goal by a certain date, but I think that's putting on too much pressure at an already stressful time. I keep getting sick, so I need to reduce stress as much as possible. I am finding that I am very hungry on workout days, though, so I may need to move to TMAD on those days but in a shortened window. Maybe 16:8.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    giwoynj9cvyd.png
    I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I ate that whole pint of ice cream, but I was ravenous yesterday. I only ate half of that cookie because it was awful. As mentioned before, I think I need to have a larger eating window on workout days. I am usually not super hungry after cardio, but I am straight up starving after resistance training and weights for some reason, which is what I did yesterday. I am thinking TMAD will be best, with my post-workout meal being protein-rich followed by another meal of whatever I want that fits into the OMAD guidelines.