Rejoining my fitness pal and new to this group.

Options
Hello all, how are you all today?
I have been a MFP member since 2012. However do to chronic illnesses and life getting in the way, I have not been consistent. I am back on. And seen this group thought I would join. My ultimate goal is to become a raw or semi raw vegan. I went from non vegetarian to vegetarian to pescatarian. But more on the vegetarian side. Due to terminal illness, I am determined to get my body into an alkaline state in hopes of making it difficult for illnesses to survive.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Hope you have a wonderful sun shining day...

Replies

• parkerpennyann
    parkerpennyann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Jade, It's nice to meet you. <3
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi …. I have been on MFP on and off since 2012 myself. And, I love the idea of clean eating and making healthier choices. I want to cut down on sugar and carbs (white flour, etc). I am hoping to be inspired by you guys on how to eat healthier, share some recipes and overall, lose some weight along the way.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi Al!

Hope you stick with it! Would be nice to see some reoccurring faces around here!
  • bsmaltz2
    bsmaltz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI! I was here last summer and lost about 15 pounds. I am back at it. Logging my exercise and food has helped tremendously!
  • valeriesse
    valeriesse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm new to this group. I need to lose 20 pounds by July. Doc says this is a must. I DO NOT want to be on insulin. Time to get serious. So far so good though!
  • merileewatts
    merileewatts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to this group..tried My Fitness Pal more than once and back recording which is the way I seem to stay on track. Health issue of washing out my sodium so am not able to drink eight glasses of liquid a day..will probably be a bit harder to lose but giving it a try again.
  • f_frymire
    f_frymire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am back on fitness pal, too. Tried WW for 1 1/2 years went to goal and right back up. Tired of "paying to gain" so I decided to do MFP. I have trouble with eating too large of portions and with sugar. Here's to hoping we can help each other!
  • vickigavin
    vickigavin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been on and off MFP for years but just rejoined. During a bad relationship I have drunk and eaten far too much and outgrown my wardrobe. I want to find myself again and keep away from too much wine! Just had surgery and need a fresh start.
  • grammies1
    grammies1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jade. I joined a couple of years ago, as well, and due to an accident and rotator cuff surgery ~ how it effects Auto immune disease, I too struggled. I was vegetarian, but was told by doc to eat meat. Now, I"m back on the vegetarian ~ and lite breads (imflammation) am starting to feel healthier :) soooo miss wine. I hope you stick with it enough to feel a big change in health an attitude. I have gone up 30 down 30 for the last 10 yrs.........it sucks! It's so much work, planning, committment, and sacrifice, the results are amazing ~ but when an injury strikes, all hell breaks loose and there we are , starting again........I encourage you to reach out and ask for cheerleading help, so you can reach your goals.....good luck! I'm right there with you.
  • 51andSassy
    51andSassy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've also been on and off MFP for quite a while. I've been easing into clean eating and I thought this group would help. I can't wait to be inspired by all of you!