What works for you?

Options
I thought it might be interesting if we shared what eating system working for us to lose weight.

I've followed slimming world & low carb with some success but the most effective way I've lost weight has been calorie counting using MFP for accountability. I keep my calories lower during the week to allow me more wriggle room to eat 'normally' over the weekends. Although I don't intentionally follow I.F. I usually only eat one main meal during the week with snacks because of my job.

Calorie counting has opened my eyes to what foods are healthier & has improved my relationship with food generally. Having successfully lost a load of weight, I have the confidence to relax & enjoy holidays knowing that any extra lbs I put on will come off again when I go back to my regime. :)

So, What works for you?

Replies

• NaughtyBratEdith
    NaughtyBratEdith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am still learning what works for me. You would think at my age I would have learned by now! 😄 After committing to logging into my dairy here, I have become much more attentive to what I am consuming. One thing that works for me is planning out meals. Trying not to eat on the go. Another thing that helps when I think I might give into the munchies. I eat filling fruits, like grapes or strawberries both which few calories.
  • SchrodingersOtherCat
    SchrodingersOtherCat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Logging has been good for me too. I used to eat mindlessly without much thought to the foods value. Now I am much more mindful of my food's calories & nutritional content :)
  • eckle002
    eckle002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Having a food prep day on Sunday really helps me have a plan for the week. I cut and prep veggies, cook protein, soups or stews, so everything is ready to go in the mornings at work. Making all my own food really helps. If I dash out of the door in the morning without a Tupperware container of food for breakfast, lunch and snack—I’m usually going to make an unhealthy choice.