18:6 for me

Options
Hi everyone! I am currently on an 18:6 IF low carb diet with every other week doing a 3 day fast over the weekend for autophagy. I'm happy to be here amongst like minded people. I'm doing this for my health and to lose weight so I can get pregnant. Feel free to add me or drop me a line.

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your IF journey.
    I mostly go 16:8 but days off I push it too 17:7. I don't struggle with it at all..Very easy.
    I'm pretty sure your IF is working since it is for me.

Keep it up.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same approach. I will add you.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF for almost a year. I am stepping back from 20:4-once daily meal to 18:6-twice daily meals, on account of accupuncturist/TCM practioner who said my gall bladder would benefit from eating earlier.

AS OF MARCH 25: I am doing a recalibrating my macros because 15 mos of LCHF--> 12 pound weight gain. I am not much of a meat eater and maybe keto doesn't work getting fats from oils and relying on too much dairy. More importantly, my kidneys were saying, "too much fat" as my ankles began retaining water a few months ago. Accupuncture should help me get a headstart on restoring kidney function. Yet, it cannot do that without changing my macros.

I am still keeping starchy carbs (grains and food made w grains) low, but I am doubling down on vegetables. This rises my overall carb count, even if I substract fiber for net carbs. net-Carb target is 90-120g/day. Protein is the same 45-60g/day. Fat has been cut to a third of what it was at 20g-30g/day w a more specific target to keep saturated fats below 12g/day.

This means that my meals looks a lot like my vegan Daughter's meals. I won't do vegan cheese. If I want cheese, I will have the real dairy product--but I have to plan for it to stay below my saturated fat target. I have taken the cream out of my coffee and substituting w homemade oat milk. I want to use my saturated fat grams in a real meal.

I don't have a sweet tooth. I am good with fiber. I have learned where I need to add salt to meet recommended minimums. I do intermittent fasting, IF, 18:6 weekdays (2 meals between noon and 6p). Weekends are 16:8 on account my husband like to eat supper late.

I exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day. Although my target is 40min I have not been good about staying on track with that.

AS OF APRIL 25: I lost 4 pounds. I need these kinds of results for at least 6 months before I know whether this recalibration is working.