Stomach is going CRAAAZY!!!

Options
KingJVNT
KingJVNT Posts: 3 Member
I work in an office and have been doing IF for about 2 weeks now. Days where I'm doing a lot of moving around, it becomes easier; however, the days where I'm sitting at a desk for long periods of time, my stomach is louder than ever.

I would drink one cup of black coffee in the morning and a second one (or green tea) in the early afternoon. I'm also drinking tons of water, but the growling isn't subsiding (sometimes the growling sounds a bit "off" - somewhat embarrassing, and trying to explaining IF versus starving oneself to laymen is a challenge on its own).

I don't want to be dependent on coffee and teas all day. Again, I only have been doing this for 2 weeks, so hopefully it would get better. Any thoughts or suggestions? What do y'all do during the fasting period?

Replies

• lishawicks
    lishawicks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have a response to your question. But I assume that you no longer have those huger pains. Are you still doing IF and if so how has it been going for you? Today is my second day on IF and so far I have been doing well. I am pretty sure that you no longer are getting hunger pains and how long was it before it stopped? I am constantly drinking water and green tea throughout the day so I suppose that is why I am not feeling hungry.
  • Piscesmoon68
    Piscesmoon68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm doing IF (20:4) and I'm also experiencing hunger pangs. However, what I'm finding is that they're really super manageable. They come in, roar like a lion and then go away again! I just wait them out. But yes, I'm also drinking black coffee and water all day. Are you doing LCHF too? I don't think I could have done IF if I wasn't firmly into LCHF first.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week, and it has been going well. I am on 18:6 and have been able to stay within the guidelines. 3 lbs. down...today is the first day the scale hasn't moved, but I don't want to lose weight every day...so, my body is normalizing. The stomach growling can be quite comical, but I only have it during the last hour of my fast (11am-12pm while waiting for lunch). My feeding window is 12pm-6pm. So far, so good. I think what will be key to success is to surround ourselves with others who are doing fasting. Those who don't, just don't understand.
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I find that if I drink ACV with salt, it helps with the growls
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    try this... big water bottle (32 oz)...add a spoon of apple cider vinegar, a pinch of himalayan salt and a 1/4 spoon of cream of tartar. This will boost your system and with the sodium and potassium the growls should go away.... It worked for me like magic...No growls,never dizzy etc