QUESTIONS........ LETS HEAR THEM

Options
Longshore
Longshore Posts: 221 Member
Need help on this new lifestyle all you need to do is ask.

Replies

• SueAnnae
    SueAnnae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My experience has previously been calorie counting and avoiding excess fat. I'm ready to jump onto KETO instead. I've been working on increasing protein and limiting carbs but never added the amount of fat for Keto. What does a typical meal look like that meets the fat/protein/carb ratio for Keto? What healthy fats do you regularly consume?
  • Longshore
    Options
    First off It’s great to have you here! Switching from carbs to fat is not easy AT THE BEGINNING. It does get so much easier trust me it does. When you start make sure you get these three nutrients in your daily intake magnesium,sodium,and potassium. Your body will no longer have carbs so it will not retain as much water because that’s what carbs do they hold water. I salt everything I eat yes even my water so I get my sodium in. I take a magnesium supplement to meet the 400mg requirement. Potassium is the hard one for me but I try to always have a avocado and spinach every day to get some in because they have to most potassium.

Ok enough rambling your question now- for meats always get the fatter meats like chicken thighs and the delicious marbled steaks “I’m drooling now.” For veggies I do broccoli,green beans,and any green leafy veggies. For oils...and oils are my key to making my macros... I use MCT oil, avocado oil,coconut oil,and real butter.

The bullet proof coffee is my meet my macos go to meal. You can put anything in it to meet your goals. If I’m low on protein I put some mocha protein powder in it. If I’m low on fats...:/and that’s like always.... I put my fats in.

Hope I helped if not keep asking questions glad to help!!!🙏🏻
  • SueAnnae
    SueAnnae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you have a keto for beginners info you would recommend?
  • cmparnell
    cmparnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is a good goal to not exceed in carbs? I try 5% and it is tough some days!

• Longshore
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SueAnnae wrote: »
    Do you have a keto for beginners info you would recommend?

YouTube is a great source of information Sue. As a beginner I would focus on getting my carbs from avocado and spinach. My protein I would focus on fatty meats,eggs and that should get you some good fats also. Now to up your fats use butter, coconut oil on foods and bulletproof coffe/tea. Find the calories you want to consume then make your % values 70% fat 25% protein and 5% carbs. Also get plenty of water in minimum of at least a gallon. Don’t be afraid to salt EVERYTHING!!!! You need the sodium.

Any questions don’t hold back just ask 👍🏻
  • Longshore
    edited January 2019
    Options
    cmparnell wrote: »
    What is a good goal to not exceed in carbs? I try 5% and it is tough some days!

My goal is always get all my carbs from avocado or leafy greens. Sometimes I go over because other foods have traces of carbs that add up. At the end of the day when I look at my daily logs I’m good because I subtract fiber from carbs and I’m at my 5%. Take a look at my diary and you can see kinda what I mean. I fast also and this helps me not over eat when I do eat. It’s hard to eat 2,000 calories in two meals.😁
    Great question hope I helped.....a little
  • joleenstamour8651
    Options
    Beginning Keto—My favorite YouTube personalities for Keto are Dr.s Eric Berg and Ken Berry. Sometimes they conflict each other in minor ways but I like that because it helps me remember there are many approaches. There are a lot of good ones out there.
    I’ve been doing this since May 2017 and I find new things all the time to help me. Keeping an open mind is half the battle!

P.S. For potassium boosts (other than leafy greens) I like to cook with No Salt because it’s just potassium. It helps with muscle cramps and irregular heartbeat especially after workout days.
  • Longshore
    Options
    77cs6glpzelv.jpg

@joleenstamour8651 I use this for my Potassium. It really helps me start my day
  • India411
    India411 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do they taste? Are they fizzy like carbonated?
  • India411
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Creamy MCT oil? Just bought it after watching Montell Williams talk about his journey and how much it helped. Anyone?
  • Longshore
    Options
    @India411 no they dont fizz up there more like a crystal light powders you put in your water. I have never tried creamy MCT oil how is it?
  • India411
    Options
    I bought the wrong one! Lol. The had like Orange cream and Vanilla something or other..i wanted plain. So ordered plain..which isnt the creamy kind..only the flavored ones...boooo 😫
  • Longshore
    Options
    DANG lol. Well you still got MCT oil i guess. That orange one sounds kind of good. I will have to look this up and try it out now.

Thanks @India411
  • India411
    Options
    Yes but just fyi its like 30 bucks. Great for kero desserts! Im staying away from anything remotely sweet aside from a few tablespoons of sugar free cheesecake pudding ....😄
  • daylite6691
    daylite6691 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and to the new lifestyle change. So my first question is about fasting. I drink coffee with heavy cream in the morning, but don’t eat until about 11am. Is that still considered fasting?
    Longshore wrote: »
    Need help on this new lifestyle all you need to do is ask.