How to solve the macros puzzle?

Rositawurst
Rositawurst Posts: 17 Member
I ve been doing keto since 3 weeks. My calorie goal is 1350 kcal a day distribuited this way: 17 gramms carbs, 113 g. fat and 68 g. of protein. I am focussing on no to exceed my carbs (totals) and favoring fat over protein, but most of the days i end up with funny numbers. If i stay under calorie goal, i ´ll be faaaar from my target grams on either protein (usually) or fat. May i be taking too litle protein? how do you figure this out?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm assuming you are keto for weight loss.

I would suggest more protein - aim for 100g to start with. You don't need to EAT the fat if you are trying to metabolize the fat you already have.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    As every ones calories are different I find it best to look at it in percentages and the grams will fall into place. What are your carb, fat protein percentages?

• Rositawurst
    5% carbs, 75 % fat, 20 % protein. Not very original, im afraid
  • iculand
    iculand Posts: 1 Member
    following - I am learning also
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    5% carbs, 75 % fat, 20 % protein. Not very original, im afraid

That's what I have been doing for over 90 days. the % looks good.

Here is what I do and suggest.

Plan ahead and fill in your diary food for 4 days. Keep it really basic!
    Start by putting in all of your protein, juggle the type and amount until you hit or a little over your protein grams.
    Then put in your carbs up to 5%. If a carb ups your protein then reduce the amounts of something in the the protein section.
    Then make up your calories up with fat.

So here is what you are looking for.
    Eat on or under your calories.
    Eat or exceed your protein, it's the fuel we need. So some days you will be a little under some days a little over.
    On or under your carbs
    Fat to fill in the space and keep you satisfied.

It isn't an exact science but if you find that you are hungry it means your fat is too low, that is why you do not have to eat all the fat it is there to stop you feeling hungry.

I hope this helps :)

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I would switch your fat and protein. Don’t forget that part of your fat comes from your body but only if you leave some room for it to do so...
    I would go more like 100g protein and 70g fat
  • Rositawurst
    Thank you everybody. Perhaps i should have mention that i am not overweight and i work out. Not trying to loose weight, but fat. Your advice of increasing protein makes even more sense, i guess.