meeting the dietary fat for the day!

Options
tarajb3
tarajb3 Posts: 1 Member
I have been struggling balancing out fat , protein, and carbs .. I always seem to fall way short on the fat % off the day. does anyone have any tips or ideas for me to try? I have lost weight,10 lbs in almost four weeks, but I still don't feel like im doing this right .

Replies

• systemshel
    systemshel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me too. So frustrating. ☹️
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Define "right." You are losing weight. Presumably you are feeling satiated and are not starving?

I have toyed with the macros in my goals to suit myself. I typically keep carbs under 20 g and fat under 100 g. The rest is protein, and I settled on a g of protein for every pound of lean body mass as my goal. It works for me.

Having fat a little low is not a bad thing. You would like your body to be using the strategic fat reserve for fuel and not dietary fat.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose body fat, you do NOT need to hit the fat. It’s not a goal. It’s a maximum.
    Whatever you don’t eat will come from storage. Your gut/hips/*kitten*...
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options

This might help.
    Under your calories
    At or over your protein as your body needs it to function, repair etc.
    At or under your carbs
    Your fat is really only to stop you from feeling hungry so anywhere up to your limit is ok. If you feel hungry you need to eat more fat, if not you can back off.
    Think of your body as a gas/electric powered car. Gas being the fat you eat and electric being the fat on your body.
    The car will run on gas until it empties the tank and then switches to electric.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Unless you are morbidly obese...10 pounds in under a month is a big weight loss and actually might be an unhealthy or unsafe amount. Just sayin'. What are you expecting and why? You seem to be losing.