Avocado shake

Options
I was a bit dubious about this but I needed to get a quick low carb high fat fix and chucked an avocado in the blender with 250ml of unsweetened almond milk and ice and some pink salt and it was actually pretty tasty and I feel full as it was a bit thick.

Replies

• Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For some reason I don't like the texture when it's like that.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

I'm with you there. I can mix it in a salad or something, but can't just eat an avocado either.
    Avocado smoothies are great.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I love avocado. Would eat them everyday but they are $5 a pop right now.....boo
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I'm with you there. I can mix it in a salad or something, but can't just eat an avocado either.
    Avocado smoothies are great.

It's the slime that gets me. The mouthfeel is all wrong. I never have been able to adopt avocados into my keto meals, even though I can get them cheap from aldi and they're great for my diet.. Though I was never a fan of avocado before I did keto. Guac was something that I rarely ate and that was on a burrito if the place did a really good guac.

Luckily, keto is one of those great things with many options. I still wish Avocados had worked for me.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I add some lime juice and try to tell myself it's key lime pie, lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Here's some ideas for you.... it's available in my local library so you don't have to spend the money unless you like it.
    https://avocaderia.com/cookbook
    g6blqjswg0n8.png