Quit Another Program Today

Options
I joined a "diabetes prevention program" through my insurance provider, and have officially quit on the second day! So disappointed--I thought it would be a great source of support to finally help me change some disordered thinking about food. My assigned health coach was clueless--she presented me with a long list of foods that were "prohibited" and that I could NEVER have again. She recommended having a cheat day every week. When I questioned how that would fit with a healthy plan for binge eating, she was so rude! Yesterday, it made me cry. Today, I'm congratulating myself on recognizing something that would inevitably cause me to fail, and binge. Anybody else have similar experiences with supposed "experts" who have no clue about BED?

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I just dropped noom.

Hugs.
    Have you found a motivating hobby to help? I'm trying to force myself to walk instead of eat. Sigh.
  • 8purplesnails
    8purplesnails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Forbidding a food just makes me want to eat it till I burst. Cut off my nose to spite my face style.

I went a dietian once who was easily over 300 pounds. Now I wasn't judging her, everyone is on a journey, but when she looked at my food diary (which isn't always pretty but it's honest) she said "geez I can see you really like your potato chips". Her tone was so sarcastic and demeaning! I just found it pretty hard to take advice from her after that, I mean, she clearly had some problems with food too, so I'd expect her to be more understanding.

I recently had a therapist tell me to try this:
    Instead of eating as a form of self hate when you hate yourself, maybe try punishing yourself with the hunger........ I'm like LOL!