Confused

Options
deb102863
deb102863 Posts: 1 Member
Just started looking into the Keto diet. I entered my info and it came up with carb 5percent.protein 25 percent and fat 70 percent. Does that seem right? Also I'm not creative when it comes to planning meals is there a book or something online that gives me day by day menus I will need this in the beginning until I get a better understanding of how this works

Replies

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    On YouTube Dr Westman has easy guidelines. Also Go Keto With Casey. Shes very good at stating basics needed.
    It's better to start simple. People love to over complicate and you can always fine tune later.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You’re better off to set your protein based on your actual needs rather than a percentage of calories.
    Adult females are usually around 100g protein.
    Then set your carbs to whatever you want to limit them to and then set your fat at whatever calories you have left over after that.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    deb102863 wrote: »
    Just started looking into the Keto diet. I entered my info and it came up with carb 5percent.protein 25 percent and fat 70 percent. Does that seem right? Also I'm not creative when it comes to planning meals is there a book or something online that gives me day by day menus I will need this in the beginning until I get a better understanding of how this works

There are a bazillion resources and recipes out there. Here is what I do.

Pretty much I have bacon and eggs with breakfast with some meat/fish from the night before for breakfast. One of the great luxuries I build into my diet is HWC in the first cup of coffee each morning.

Lunch is sometimes on the run or at the desk. I will often have cheese sticks and a tin of chicken. These are quick and easy.

Supper is usually meat/fish with a leafy green veggie or some sauteed broccoli/cauliflower/cabbage.

Sometimes I have an afternoon snack if my day is going long, and supper will be late. A tin of sardines works very well for that. Sometimes I have an ounce of nuts, but it is not prudent for me to have nuts just languishing around. Every now and then I buy some and try to manage servings. An ounce of pork skins will make a nice afternoon snack too.

I shoot for 175 g of protein a day and try to keep fats under 100. net carbs stay under 20.

I say friend some people with open diaries and look to see what they are eating.