Introductions

Replies

• Kayla2284
    Kayla2284 Posts: 46 Member
    Hello! 35 year old mama to 3 living babies and 1 in Heaven. My first UAC and I am really looking forward to keeping up with everyone! I've put my health on the back burner for a while and I'm ready to get back on track. I've got a Beachbody on demand subscription and am in love with body groove videos on YouTube! And good weather is finally coming to NY, so I'm hoping to up my steps everyday. ❤️ Good luck everyone!
  • HWinCS
    HWinCS Posts: 271 Member
    1st timer to this group. Will be working loose 5-8 lbs in April. I have successfully lost nearly 50lbs.
  • jgriffith4
    jgriffith4 Posts: 12 Member
    One more day until start day; I’m ready.
    BW 227
    CW 169.4
    GW 140
    I will be traveling for work, this always makes it a little harder to eat healthy foods and work in exercise, means I must focus really hard the first week in.
    Stay focused
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    This will be my 3rd month in UAC. Found it in February and have really enjoyed the accountability and group of like-minded, supportive people. I just made it back into a healthy weight range for me this week (yay!), and am working to lose 20-25 more pounds to get me into the lower end of the healthy range to give me a buffer for fluctuations and to continue losing body fat. I'll reassess as I get closer to goal.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,260 Member
    I joined this group about a year and a half ago for several months and have decided to rejoin.
    I have lost weight but I need to be more accountable so I can make more progress.
    Hoping to lose 5 lbs in the month of April.
  • kitkat_42
    kitkat_42 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Kate, I’m 28, and have 11 months to lose 45 pounds! I currently weigh 187.2 pounds and am 5’4”, but started my journey at the start of March 192.6. I’m also measuring my neck, waist, and hips for those NSVs, and have lost a total of 3.7 inches so far. In addition to MFP, I have signed up with the Healthy Wage app for some monetary incentive! I’m recently engaged, and want to not only look great for my wedding, but lead a healthier lifestyle for myself, fiancé, and my 6 year old son!

I work out at least 3 times a week to daily burn with my fire tv, and that’s about the only exercise outside of work I do for now. I’m working on my anxieties about working out in a gym or going for a run outside where people can see me 🤣😬. I’m a hospital nurse, so those 3 12 hour shifts a week keep me on my toes allllll day sometimes without break to eat, drink, or pee- but with small snack meal preps I have successfully been able to healthily “eat and go” this past month and my body is thanking me for it! In addition I am in school for my bachelors, and take my son back and forth to games and practices for soccer ⚽️.

My biggest struggle is not eating all day, and then gorging terrible foods when my body is begging for something! This last month was a challenge but I’ve been successfully making changes and am still looking for improvement!

I’m looking forward to a challenge like this!
  • amechecameron
    amechecameron Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi,

I'm 34 years old and a mom of 3 (2,3,4 yr. old). Really wanting to lose 40 pounds. I currently weigh 191 and want to get down to 150. I'm 5'7 and just need a mental shift. I'm consistent for a few days but afterwards my willpower goes out of the window. Looking forward to shedding the weight and having my mind renewed in the process. Hopefully, this will be the last "start" of a healthy lifestyle. Anyone that has had success, feel free to reach out...I'm needing ideas on how to tackle this....
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Hello! I need all the help I can get.

I am 7 weeks post partum. I had my baby girl on February 7th and I also have a 6 year old girl at home as well! I lost my baby weight in 2013 after having my daughter but went completely crazy this last pregnancy and gained 62 pounds. I have lost 21 of those pounds and I am also breastfeeding. I was on bed rest most of my pregnancy, so I was not active at all. I also ate whatever I wanted to. Now, I am feeling it more than ever.

I am looking for friends that might have more than 50 pounds to lose this year and have children at home :) I also would LOVE to find another mom who is breastfeeding but that's a huge stretch!

I am glad to be here... I just really need some more motivation, lots of accountability and to get my lazy butt up and moving now! No more excuses. I am happy to be here and cannot wait for this challenge!!!!
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Hello all, I'm 57 I have 5 kids, 11 grandkids. I started my journey in January at 206lbs my C.W. is 185 and my goal weight is 160lbs. Looking forward to this challenge .
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    Just discovered that I posted this in the March Challenge instead of here. Doh!!!

@Dory_42 Welcome back. Commiserations on having the embargo on some exercise. I can empathise completely. Hang in there.

Back for my sixth month. Working on improving my fitness and health. Made the Winners Circle for the fifth time last month.

I've been working on muscle development over the last 6 weeks, so weight loss has stalled. New deadline for reaching my final target is my 53rd Wedding Anniversary in July.

80464089.png

This is a good place for anyone to start the practicing of new habits, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere

• _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,772 Member
    I am in another group that I love that tracks weight. I will try this one too and track my behaviors. I have lost about 30#. Would like to loose another 10#.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    This my fourth month with UAC. Excited to see new faces and returning friends. Watching everyone’s journey is a bonus. I’m still actively losing but I’m watching, learning and planning for maintenance. I love how we are all in different places but our goals are the same -Be Healthy!

Having dropped a total of 75lbs I get asked a lot “how did you do it???” My answer is always the same, “I count calories, weigh and log all of my food and I workout everyday”. It’s simple but it’s hard work.

Oh and if you are actively losing please, please, please set realistic goals for yourself. It makes me sad when I see someone accomplish so much but beat themselves up because they didn’t hit a magical impossible goal. Myself, I currently aim for 5lbs a month.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Ready ........ set ........ REPORT!! (No joke!)
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Hello, I realised I posted in the forum thread for this rather than introduce myself here. So to repeat myself.....
    I'm joining for the first time, my first month. I got to target weight and below and have maintained for the few couple of years, still logging most of what I eat. Unfortunately Christmas followed by summer holidays followed from Christmas has led to a creep of about 10 lbs which I would like to shift. Although I'm good at the logging and the exercise, I'm not so good at staying within my calorie limit when I get peckish in the evening. So I'm hoping that coming on here and being accountable will restart my internal competition with myself and not indulge so much.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,772 Member
    Quick question from a newbie. It appears from the instructions that you set a calorie count "for the day." Does this mean the rules allow me to adjust my goal on a daily basis? i.e. I don't have to set just one daily calorie goal for the whole month?

(no need for lecture about how I would only be cheating myself to make the goal too easy. :) And, I understand that a goal is meant to be set before the day begins. I am here for a reason; daily discipline. I am just wondering how others do it here.)

Looking forward to our journey together this month!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Happy April Everyone!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    36 year old Canadian mama to three cuties. I found UAC in 2017 and have joined whenever I find myself back on MFP. I have about a 10lb weight range I find myself fluctuating in. I feel best at the lower end so I come back around when I start feeling a little fluffy. Since it’s vanity pounds I don’t tend to force a large deficit so the loss is slooow. But I’m ok with that. I’ll be transitioning to maintenance and recomp in the near future.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 761 Member
    Hi everyone! Tuffgirl19 and Ashley in the real world! Live in Las Vegas, NV, I’m happily married with 2 boys, 12 and 23. This is my 2nd month with UAC and happy to have found this group. I need some more accountability and look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting one another! I’ll be posting my weigh in on Mondays, I know it’s not part of this, but extra support for me :). Back on the 5c fruits and veggies daily and keeping my fiber above 25g daily. Let’s have a great April!!
  • stinabean83
    stinabean83 Posts: 1,233 Member
    Hey everyone! Looking for a challenge to keep me motivated and accountable for the month as it's getting closer to summer and I want to get comfortable in my clothes again! I've lost some weight thanks to another MFP challenge recently and want to keep the momentum going!
    LEt's do this!!!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    Quick question from a newbie. It appears from the instructions that you set a calorie count "for the day." Does this mean the rules allow me to adjust my goal on a daily basis? i.e. I don't have to set just one daily calorie goal for the whole month?

(no need for lecture about how I would only be cheating myself to make the goal too easy. :) And, I understand that a goal is meant to be set before the day begins. I am here for a reason; daily discipline. I am just wondering how others do it here.)

Looking forward to our journey together this month!

No, you do not set it daily. It is the one you set on MFP when you were setting up MFP for loosing, maintenance or gaining weight. For example, it may have been set to 1300 cal to loose 1lb per week. Then the question to answer is, are you within this calorie goal for today?

This is about you and your success :)
    We just supporting each other.