Hi New To Group

Options
Hi is this an active IF group?

Replies

• LynInFresno
    LynInFresno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started IF today. At least there's you and me :smile: I've been doing Keto for 4 months. I'm hoping Intermittent Fasting helps me get healthy more quickly.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. Starting tomorrow.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing IF for a few days. So far I can’t get under the 16/8 but I’m working on it.
    I tried keto but in all honesty, it really messed up my energy levels. I go cycling and I just find I need the carbs, even after weeks of keto. Having said that, I still avoid bread, potatoes and heavy carbs.
  • DonnaKellerLpn
    DonnaKellerLpn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Doing Keto but decided to add intermittent fasting to my plan.
  • smiliekiwi
    smiliekiwi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m 58. Started 18:6 just over a week ago .. yet to stand on the scales. But feel great
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    smiliekiwi wrote: »
    Hi there. I’m 58. Started 18:6 just over a week ago .. yet to stand on the scales. But feel great

It's so wonderful that you feel great! I've restarted my 16:8 protocol and have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I am so excited to keep up with this. Keep up the good work. The facts are INTERMITTENT FASTING WORKS. Science and research has pr oved it.....Also we need to get the party started in here so we can have some more posts!!!!!😃
  • smiliekiwi
    Options
    Wow. That’s impressive in a short time!
  • VictoriaNWest
    VictoriaNWest Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do 10/14 regularly - I'm adding high protein and less calories now to lose weight. My main meal of the day is at lunch. My breakfast is only 200 calories and my dinner about 400 (lunch is 600-800). I'm 63 years old. I have lost weight before fasting 2 days a week (20 pounds). I've got a girlfriend who lost 80#s the last 10 months, but she only eats one meal every other day!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hello I discovered IF a few months ago and have mainly been doing 16:8, 18:6, a few 24 and 36. Then I went on vacation and am ready to jump back in but I’m finding it harder now. Starting all over
  • sydwes1
    sydwes1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started IF this past week. I am 55. I was counting calories and was just not getting anywhere. Lost 3 lbs this first week. At 14/10, and slowing working up to 16/8. I want to loose 50 lbs. Noticed that I am not thinking about food all the time and when I eat I am satisfied sooner. Does seem to help me stay in my calories if 1500 day. Zero over days this week.
  • smiliekiwi
    Options
    Hi Sydwes! I still count too.. a lot don’t. Sometimes I exaggerate my meal size so I can get it up to 1000 just so I can see MFPs predictions for 5 weeks time Ü
  • debs4567
    debs4567 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Good morning to the group. I’ve been trying out the IF and so far I am LOVING it. Just as Sydwes1 stated, I was counting calories but getting nowhere. I feel WAY MORE satisfied and less hungry too. I’m not weighing very often but as I notice my body shape in the mirror is changing so it must be working. I give IF a 👍👍! Oh, I’m on the other side of 50.....I turned 62 this past Jan. I look forward to interacting with this group. If there’s another group that more active, please let me know. Blessings to all.♥️