Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Been in the group since February of 2018, and just made the winners circle for the second time! Even though I haven't often made the circle, I've continued to improve my fitness, loose weight and tone up thanks to the principal's I've learned here.

I don't expect to make the circle in April, I'm starting out in a week vacation. Even though we're doing a ton of walking and I'm trying to make good choices, I know I can't accurately track.
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Third time trying the challenge. Serial starter who came back a few pounds heavier than last time. But it’s finally getting ready to be spring in Chicago!
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone.

It's been a while since I participated. I was involved in other MFP challenges.

I've lost 42 pounds so far since January 2018. Planning on a good month. I have a trip in the middle (a conference) that will complicate things a bit.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am here again after few months as I fell off the wagon and was not logging and checking in regularly. This time I am trying to be more accountable and log every that I eat. I have done MfP before and lost the pounds and was in habit of loggin every bite I took as soon as I ate it. Been slacking on that for so long.

So here I am trying again as the saying goes... try try till you get. Hopefully In for long haul this time and want to be accountable.

I always have trouble loosing weight but it very easily comes back. I have been very active since Jan 2019 but has barely lost 6 lbs which is like nothing.

I am 5’3” and 184 lbs right now. I stand to loose 50 lbs minimum but making a target is 20 lbs by end of June which is ambitious for me. But I still want to try.

Hoping to get motivation and give motivation here. Thanks for letting me Join this group.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    Quick question from a newbie. It appears from the instructions that you set a calorie count "for the day." Does this mean the rules allow me to adjust my goal on a daily basis? i.e. I don't have to set just one daily calorie goal for the whole month?

(no need for lecture about how I would only be cheating myself to make the goal too easy. :) And, I understand that a goal is meant to be set before the day begins. I am here for a reason; daily discipline. I am just wondering how others do it here.)

Looking forward to our journey together this month!

No, you do not set it daily. It is the one you set on MFP when you were setting up MFP for loosing, maintenance or gaining weight. For example, it may have been set to 1300 cal to loose 1lb per week. Then the question to answer is, are you within this calorie goal for today?

This is about you and your success :)
    We just supporting each other.

What might vary is what you do about exercise calories and how many "can be eaten back vs must be left in the pot.

You might decide that in general you will leave 50% exercise calories unbeaten. On a special occasion day, you might do extra exercise or eat back more than 50 %, If your net stays in the green after everything is logged,, you met the goal.
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Getting back in gear after about six months of inconsistent exercise and diet.
    I may be the senior in this group - just turned 65. I'm a retired teacher living in a large east coast city. I intend to enjoy my retirement in good health for as long as possible. I have gained 8 pounds since retiring, and plan to participate in a charity ride in 4 weeks. So I need to lose about 5-6 pounds and increase my cycling by May 18.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Options
    @laviv be sure to join the MAY group! (and welcome here for practice leading up to the switch-over.)

Just search "Ultimate Accountability Challenge May" under "groups" and you will find us.