fiber

Options
Eldrene
Eldrene Posts: 12 Member
Does anyone take a fiber supplement and if so what do you take? This is day 10 for me and I starting to bloat and have bowel issues. I went through a regiment last year to get rid of SIBO and don't want to get back to the point that I was at.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No supplements here. It may have taken the body a little while to adjust to the new diet, but things seem to be moving through the system as they should.
  • Nokt2018
    Nokt2018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Eldrene wrote: »
    Does anyone take a fiber supplement and if so what do you take? This is day 10 for me and I starting to bloat and have bowel issues. I went through a regiment last year to get rid of SIBO and don't want to get back to the point that I was at.

I mix up a water bottle with 2 tablespoons of Benefiber, 1/4 tsp of lite salt and 1/4 tsp of regular salt for electrolytes. When I have a protein shake, I'll add 2 tablespoons of Benefiber to that as well.
  • Eldrene
    Options
    Thank you. I will try that.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I actually avoid fiber because it’s the only way my gut stays healthy.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I actually avoid fiber because it’s the only way my gut stays healthy.

Ditto. I only take in fiber via low carb friendly veggies and fruit.

The only supplements I take are a calcium, magnesium & zinc and upping my sodium intake. Occasionally I swap the regular salt for lite salt.

• KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Make sure you aren't too low on your water and fat intake because without enough it can stop smooth movement... This in common for newbies.
    Also cheese can compound the issue.
  • Eldrene
    Options
    I am drinking over 3 liters of water a day and been hitting my fat. I was wondering about the cheese......I have cut down on it this week.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    You actually don't need fiber if you aren't eating carbs. Keto is changing your entire body, including your GI system. I'd recommend giving your body more time adjust. If you really feel like you need something to help keep things moving, a Magnesium Supplement would be much better. If you google, you will find many articles.
  • CraZee6
    CraZee6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Magnesium in natural calm raspberry lemon drink mix, every few days, and unflavored psyllium husk powder sporadically.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, Flax seeds and Magnesium tablets.
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 teaspoon of psyllium husk powder in 12oz of water every day and I haven't really had any problems so far :)