April 4 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    April 4, 2019

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat the extra calories given through exercise. I just do not feel well otherwise.
  • jgriffith4
    jgriffith4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, walked 92 minutes
    Calories: yes, ate a few exercise calories back
    Tracked: yes
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat back my exercise calories, my base level eating (currently getting back on track) is 1400 cals, so I need some extras. Though I've apparently earnt an extra 1000 today (run to swimming, swimming, run home, long walk, shorter after dinner walk), Garmin and MFP have conspired to steal back about 350 of them as I've been sat down the rest of the day, very little movement other than the tracked exercises. That said I still have a couple of hundred spare ones that I won't eat today, just because meals have been relatively light and I've been out of the house so not been picking.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? And then some.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 30 minutes, 9.39 miles; 33 minutes walking Ollie
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I don't eat my exercise calories back but I usually dip into them a little bit.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (mall walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yes Bike
    Calories: yes below
    Tracked: yes
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,613 Member
    Options
    4/4
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
    I track as I eat. I do eat some of my exersized caleries.But I try not to eat them all. If I know I'm going to be eating more then usual. I will try to burn more caleries.
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Exercise - no
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 40 mins HIIT, + walking.
    Calories: Under budget
    Tracked: Yes

I pre-log so that I can balance my macros. Then I put in the actual weights as I serve the food out. I eat back a small proportion of my exercise calories. On special occasions, I do extra exercise to allow some indulgences.

(0/3 passes used)
  • FlyerBear
    FlyerBear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes
    Calories - yes (under)
    Tracked - yes

c78nkcg1rj41.gif
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 81 minutes walking
    Calories: Under budget 101 cal

I am on the journey down again.... lack of consistency and failure to log contributed to a 40 (yes 40) lb re-gain...

For this reason I will skip eating back my exercise calories for now. I am desperately trying to get back in the consistent deficit mindset.

(0/3 passes used)

• alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes - about 3 hours of Strength Training and HIIT(Glutes and Abs focused)
    Calories: Yes
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    3 X’s Yes!
    60 minute general aerobics class and a very active day of gardening. Less then 100 under on calories.
    I usually track right away but I also eat a prettty boring and repetitive diet most days so if I do wait to log It’s no biggie since it’s a lot of “swipe to add yesterday’s lunch”

A very wise person here on MFP taught me a good lesson about exercise calories that was a light bulb moment for me. I probably won’t explain it exactly right but the gist of it is to eat to fuel exercise because you love to exercise not exercise to be able to eat more because you love to eat.
    Also because I am actively losing and just made it to an “overweight” BMI, I do not eat back exercise unless I do more then an hour of hard cardio. Depending on how hard I go I will eat anywhere from 100-200 exercise calories for that second hour of cardio.
    This has been working for me and I consistently drop an average of about 5-6lbs per month.