Awesome new products (or new to you) thread

Options
dulcitonia
dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
I really like this discussion in the main forums but find fewer trolls in the private groups. What new stuff have you discovered that you would like to share with the rest of us low carbers

Replies

• dulcitonia
    Options
    I just discovered opadipity chipotle ranch Greek yogurt dip... and it inspired this thread.
    So Yummy!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Someone just recommended Zip Fizz energy drink to me. Has anyone tried it?
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    Haven’t tried them but I also hear that people like them
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    0wm6dplrjun1.jpg

I do drink one a day when i wake up. Great sourse of potassium
  • supergal3
    Options
    @Longshore: I wonder how much caffeine as compare with 8 ounces of coffee.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is the reason I never tried ZipFizz though I've read great reviews on it. All I had to do was see the word caffeine and knew it would not be for me. A quick google indicates ~100 mg of caffeine per 16 ounces of ZipFizz and ~95 per cup of coffee.

Of course these could wildly vary. The article indicated many alter the amount of water they put in the ZipFizz and "a cup" of coffee could be anything from generally 0-20 ounces and range from 0-500 mg of caffeine.

Bottom line: if someone is sensitive to caffeine it is good to know if a product has it.
  • supergal3
    Options
    Thanks, kpk54, I would have to drink it in lieu of my morning coffee. Too much caffeine makes me dizzy.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @supergal3 Im not much help on the caffeine side of it. I must be immune to caffeine because I can have one of these and be ready for a nap in an hour lol. But like @kpk54 said its probably the same as a cup of coffee.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My favorite new find is YQ (Yoplait) plain yogurt. 160 calories, 3 grams carbs, and 26 grams protein per 225 gram (1 cup-ish) serving. There are also 5.3 ounce containers (110 calories, 2 grams carbs, and 17 grams protein) available. So good and filling, especially with a liberal sprinkling of pink sea salt!
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    eneild wrote: »
    My favorite new find is YQ (Yoplait) plain yogurt. 160 calories, 3 grams carbs, and 26 grams protein per 225 gram (1 cup-ish) serving. There are also 5.3 ounce containers (110 calories, 2 grams carbs, and 17 grams protein) available. So good and filling, especially with a liberal sprinkling of pink sea salt!
    ... 3carbs? !!! Lowest I’ve found is 6.. I love plain yogurt and will look for this
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Longshore wrote: »
    @supergal3 Im not much help on the caffeine side of it. I must be immune to caffeine because I can have one of these and be ready for a nap in an hour lol. But like @kpk54 said its probably the same as a cup of coffee.

I never got a caff type of kick from them when I used them. They're quite good though. I was using them for the vitamins specifically.

Be careful putting them into a bottle and closing the lid. They do fizz and the gas released must go somewhere.
  • dulcitonia
    Options

My local store only sells the flavored ones .. fingers crossed they get plain!

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My local store only sells the flavored ones .. fingers crossed they get plain!

[/quote]

I’m sure you could ask the manager to order some

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I had to purchase the 32 ounce (?) container to get the plain. The single servings are all flavored.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Whole Milk Yogurt with only 740 calories per quart is over the top great. I had two in the low fat version but found the 3.5% fat at WalMart and bought two quarts last night. I have to say I hated this stuff when I tried it 50 years ago but now it takes me into hog heaven 3 times a day. I did look to see if they had it in cup size but just the 32 oz.
  • eneild
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I had to purchase the 32 ounce (?) container to get the plain. The single servings are all flavored.

I typically buy both the single serving (5.3 ounce) and larger container (26 ounce) weekly to hopefully encourage my store to continue to stock them!

I’m in Minnesota and can purchase it at HyVee and my local ‘specialty’ store, Byerlys. I haven’t seen it at WalMart (my daughter, who goes to school in Dallas, hasn’t seen it there either) and I honestly can’t remember if I’ve seen it at Target. I’ll have a look at Target today.

I’d definitely ask your local store to stock it!
  • eneild
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

I typically buy both the single serving (5.3 ounce) and larger container (26 ounce) weekly to hopefully encourage my store to continue to stock them!

I’m in Minnesota and can purchase it at HyVee and my local ‘specialty’ store, Byerlys. I haven’t seen it at WalMart (my daughter, who goes to school in Dallas, hasn’t seen it there either) and I honestly can’t remember if I’ve seen it at Target. I’ll have a look at Target today.

I’d definitely ask your local store to stock it!

Target only had the flavored kinds of YQ,

Dannon brand has a flavored yogurt called Two Good which has 3g carbs per 5.3 ounce container, but I find it too sweet.
  • MYHAWAII50
    MYHAWAII50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My new bread substitute - 1 net carb whoo hooo
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    As far as yogurt goes, Fage now has a 5% plain Greek yogurt that is incredible!

1 cup
    Calories 210
    Calories From Fat 100
    Total Fat 11g
    Saturated Fat 8g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 40mg
    Sodium 80mg
    Total Carbohydrate 7g
    Fiber 0g
    Sugars 7g
    Protein 20g