Meal prep ideas? Prepping before a procedure.

Options
nicolejo143
nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
I'm trying to find some meal prep ideas that I can prepare ahead before I have a procedure done next week that will keep me off my feet for 1-2 weeks, and then limited walking/standing for the following few weeks as I recover (PRP foot injection). Last year when I had the procedure done I relied heavily on food delivery, but that's expensive. I'm trying to get some ideas of things I can make ahead with some added variety so that I don't go crazy from eating the same thing everyday. Or if there's any suggestions on frozen, ready-to-go or minimal prep required foods to stock up on at the store, that's helpful too.

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the crock pot for meal prep. It is simple to just put in a piece of meat with some seasonings of choice. Then for the last part, if you want to add a low carb veggie like zucchini slices, that works well for a one dish meal than can be separated out and re-heated easily. I like to use Miracle rice (rice version of a shirataki noodle) to add a little extra bulk to it. If the meat is lean, adding some salt pork/pork belly to it really helps.

Good luck with your procedure.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also love the crock pot.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    You could make up a big batch of those egg/cheese/veg/bacon 'muffins' and freeze them - that could solve your breaky or lunch choice dilemma. Change up spices for Italian/Mexican/etc.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    stir-fry with cauliflower rice is another one that freezes and reheats well...along with just about any kind of chili/meat soup...I think there are actually "low carb" frozen lunches you can buy now in the grocery, they might be a good option for adding some variety between whatever else you can prep and I'm sure they are cheaper than delivery...pre-made frozen hamburger patties are easy to cook up...steamables bags of the non-starchy veggies...pre-cooked bacon/sausage patties...eggs only take a few minutes to cook up, or you can hard boil them for even easier and faster food.