Keto/low carb advice!

mlk1987
mlk1987 Posts: 23 Member
Can I still lose weight eating around 120-130 total carbs a day? Would like to add more fruit and whole grains

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2019
    I did. I averaged 128 total carbs with a calorie deficit. No problem losing. 63 pounds in 53 weeks. It was like clockwork.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    I think it depends on your body and metabolism. I was 80-100 carbs for six months and didn’t lose a pound. I finally gave up, I only lose on 20-30 carbs but I have thyroid issues and a really sluggish metabolism. You have to find what works for you.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Absolutely! I lost 80+ in 8 mo the in that range at the beginning. And then about 75-100 towards the end. (I was just careful of what kind of carbs those were. Simple ones always gave me the hungrys. )
    I actually never did well with the much lower keto style range. But I also didn’t do well with my dabble into IF either :(.

I think it all has to do with your specific needs. Just move around a bit and see what works for you !
    You can find what works for you.
  • mlk1987
    Thank you all so much! I’m gonna shoot for around 115-120 a day :)
  • mlk1987
    Also with a calorie deficit!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    In “maintenance” I have been eating anywhere from 30-130 grams total per day but have put on about 10 pounds in the last year (hence the air quotes around maintenance). I don’t believe this has had anything to do with the amount of carbs per day for me but rather the consistently being over calorie totals. Some of that gain is likely body recomping from lifting more weights but being dumb, I haven’t been taking measurements to validate this theory. I’m in the same size so will not complain. I’ll be going back to trying to remain in a calorie deficit while watching carb intake to see if that helps. Long story short, you have to keep experimenting- this is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    It depends on the person and your calorie deficit; definitely worth trying!