2 weeks down-staying committed

Options
jan4jesus2
jan4jesus2 Posts: 20 Member
Good Morning, all! Hope your weeks have been going well! In the face of more than a few temptations and challenges, I have stayed the course and stood firm. I experienced the typical first-week-honeymoon period of lots of water loss and subsequent lower numbers on the scale. But, after about 10 days, that slowed down and now I believe I'm beginning the 'rubber-meets-the-road' period. That's OK! I have set reasonable goals and expectations for myself this time. This weight didn't come on overnight and it's not going to go off overnight. My goal is to try for 2.5 lbs/week but be satisfied with 2. I got off to a really good jumpstart to encourage me to keep on going by losing 12.2 lbs. the first 2 weeks. In the meantime, I now have another target to motivate me to keep on doing this. My precious husband who developed a blood cancer back in 2013 followed by a bone marrow stem cell transplant in 2014 with every complication they knew of and then some and who has had a very rough last 5 years has just been diagnosed with a new blood cancer. He goes in for a bone marrow biopsy today and we'll have the results in 2 weeks. It's most likely something called polycythemia vera and it it is confirmed by the biopsy, his life expectancy will be much less than we hoped. So, he loves to hike and be outdoors, so, I want to get this weight off and get in shape so that I can go with him and fully enjoy whatever time we have left together. So now, I am doing this for him as well as for myself.

So, what are your targets? What are the things that are motivating you to be on this weightloss journey? How do you feel about yourself at the weight you now are and what do you want to change? Interested to hear from y'all!

Replies

• kpresto86
    kpresto86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so sorry to hear about his diagnosis! I will be praying for you both! Seems like you have a good mindset and that makes all of the difference. I hit a bump in the road and after losing 13 pounds gained 3 back, I got frustrated and wanted to give up, buy I didn't and now I'm down to 16 pounds lost. I'm so glad I made myself keep going! Life has been pushing back against me lately but I know that is to be expected when you start making changes for the better. I am staying the course!
  • sampostu
    sampostu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the blood cancer. I had a dear friend pass of that. I think it is a great dedication to him and his life. I am not a hiker, but there is a group here in the area called Fat Girls Hiking. I do want to try to go to one of their events this summer if I am up for it.

I am doing really good with the diet. The biggest issue I face is not feeling well. When you are sick you just want to comfort yourself and that is good form me. If I can face the challenges that I am currently dealing without and still loss weight then I can do that for the rest of my life. I just need to stay strong. Good luck everyone! Stay strong!