April 2019

13»

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    HEY HEY HEY!!!!

It's MONDAY! How was everyone's weekend? Did we all make it through Passover and Easter, if celebrated? I failed miserably, but I'm ok with that! It was just myself and Paul at his mom's. She's an interesting lady. She did make less food than originally threatened, but still had a whole turkey, a dozen polish sausages, 3 pounds of mashed potatoes, 2 pounds of green beans, 6 hard boiled eggs, and a bunny and lamb pound cakes! OH! And a loaf of bread, cashews, jelly beans, and two types of chocolate, lol! FOR THREE OF US!

It's always an interesting time. So yeah, I had a half slice of bread, mashed potatoes, jelly beans, chocolate, and we brought home 1/2 of each cake. *sigh* We left her house at 1:30pm, so we went to the gym, went home, did some stuff and ate dinner later. Then we had cake. *double sigh* Luckily, it wasn't very good, so I had about a 1/2 piece and all those leftovers were brought to Paul's work today.

Not beating myself up over it! On Saturday, I tried on the jeans I am hoping to wear for our big date night in May. THEY FIT! I haven't fit in them in 18 months, lol, I'll take it!

Back on track today. I did prep for the week yesterday. Haven't missed a day, yesterday was a bit dicey, but we made it! (And I do not recommend eating a big meal an hour before a rough workout!)

I did sneak in roasted broccoli this week. He liked it. Getting veggies in to a picky man is not easy, lol!

How is everyone doing out there???

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Day 22 checking in

5 pounds down this month.
    I lost the weight that I gained on my last check in. It’s ridiculous how fast my weight can go up with a few days of bad choices. My trend is going off plan, then working my butt off to get it back down. Chasing the same pounds up and down. I’m my own worst enemy at times.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Yesterday was a challenge, I fell off the wagon hard. I had Easter dinner with friends but I am Jewish so I made Passover-friendly desserts. I practically face planted in the matzoh toffee and apple cake because it was delicious, but I left all the leftovers with my friends. When I got home I threw out the leftover matzoh, because carbs of any kind call my name, and carbs are always what throw me off track. I used to feel guilty about wasting food, but I am at the point now that if it's for my well being, I am OK with it. I set my alarm early to go to the gym before work, but because I had more sugar than normal yesterday I woke up with a headache and skipped it. I am about to go take my morning break and walk for 20 minutes to offset ditching the gym. My goal is to move every day, so if I don't go to the gym in the morning, I will either squeeze in some movement during the day, or go to the gym after work. Yes I had an "off" day yesterday, but it will not be an "off" week!!!
  • HelloBodyJoy
    HelloBodyJoy Posts: 27 Member
    A recent focus on eating semi-keto seems like the right track for me. This is the first time in my entire life that I had no sweets on Easter and, surprisingly, no desire for them. That’s pretty remarkable for me with sugar being my lifelong nemesis. Feeling great about having some control with that, but feeling a bit rundown (lazy?) overall So taking a break from doing much exercise, though I did borrow some library workout DVDs to try. Found the tape measure and plan to record my measurements tomorrow. Have a great week, everyone!
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Hey new here. 4 1/2 months out. I came to keep myself focused.
  • SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Checking in!! I've started off strong this week! I'm super proud of my progress.. water goals are getting better! Been to the gym 3 times so far and I've been on 2 walks! Food choices are pretty much on point so I'm super excited!
  • garber6th
    My company has a yoga instructor come in twice a week at lunch time. I had been taking advantage of it, but with my regain and shoulder issues I stopped going. My other coworker had stopped going too, but we just made a pact that we will both go for the month of May. As long as my shoulder holds up, I am in!
  • fit_chickx
    Day 27 check in – 5 pounds down. Hope it will break soon.

I’ve had two days that I Let bread slip in. (night snacking) It slows/stops my weight loss. I bought a lovely summer dress. The thought of showing skin in the hot weather is motivating me to get my weight down.

Still working on some old behaviors, I posted the quote below on my refrigerator. I’m face to face with it when I’m seeking food.
    xfyc6x51le76.jpg
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    FINAL MONDAY OF APRIL!

I'll start a new May board on Wednesday...keep the momentum! Use the next few days to come up with something you plan on working on in May. Whether it be a carry-over from April, or something new is totally up to you! No rules here, just keep working on you!

APRIL THOUGHTS FOR MYSELF:

I need to continue carving out time for myself. I'm really good at gym time, but otherwise, I don't focus on me. I need to do that more.

My food is ok most of the time. Allowing myself to cheat is not ok. One day leads to two days, three days, then trying to get back on the horse, and 2lbs of weight that I fight to get back off. A few moments of taste pleasure is not worth three weeks of struggling to get back on track.

Adding in vegetables has been fine. My brain is not. lol! Seriously, I overthink a lot to my own detriment. He doesn't care if I roast radishes he won't eat. Why do I feel like we have to eat the same meal? We eat together. What does it matter what's on our plates?

"Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself." - Denis Waitley <-- my May focus.
  • garber6th
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    "Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself." - Denis Waitley <-- my May focus.

SO much this - I was actually talking about this with my therapist last week. I really struggle with this!
  • fit_chickx
    April 30th 6 pounds down

I’m chasing weight up and down and not really getting anywhere. I need to stop looking at a few pounds lost as an excuse to eat. I’m determined to get to a maintaining weight I’m comfortable with.