Yogurt replacement?

Options
khhamrick
khhamrick Posts: 4 Member
What "low carb" item can I use to replace yogurt? For years, I've mixed raspberries and Fiber One cereal into yogurt for breakfast. The Fiber One cereal keeps my fiber intake up.....any suggestions?

Replies

• TenshiDuck
    TenshiDuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A half cup of full fat Greek yogurt has 5g carbs... whether you think that is an acceptable amount of carbs or not depends on your way of eating, but I am including it in my "ok" list!
  • MakingItGreat
    MakingItGreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also use plain full-fat Greek yogurt
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "Fiber One Cereal" is a high-carb ingredient that will interfere with your expressed low-carb intent. It will tend to stimulate hunger later.

Agree that PLAIN full-fat yogurt, with stevia sweetener, is a low-carb ingredient.
  • LillianNewman
    LillianNewman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make my own greek yogurt with the instant pot and then strain it for 3 days in the frig. The milk sugar is mostly in the whey, so that drains out. I drain it daily and feed the whey mixed with water to my plants. I then take the greek yogurt I created and sweeten it with Torani sugar free vanilla syrup, which I love. I've lost 15 lbs in 20 days. So it's working for me. I tried full fat milk but it takes longer for the whey to strain so I just make it with low fat milk and get my fat requirement elsewhere. But I love yogurt and making it this way works for me and the weight is falling off.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Lifeway makes kefir cups. There is one with a fair amount of protein and only 5 net carbs per 170 g serving. It's plain. You may try chia seeds instead of the cereal.
  • jcolb20
    jcolb20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plain YQ yogurt by Yoplait has 2g of carbs for a while cup. It’s thick and similar to Greek yogurt. 26g protein and 3g fat per cup as well.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can whip cottage cheese. Throw it in a blender, Nutribullet, etc for about a min. It will be very light and full - cottage cheese without the chunks. Then flavor how you wish.
  • lowcarbspark
    lowcarbspark Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can make this simple yogurt https://myketoplate.com/low-carb-yogurt/. Do any of you have a coconut yogurt recipe?
  • gary201mfp
    gary201mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently found this in my local grocery store. http://www.goodyogurt.com/lower-sugar-yogurt/