Low carb in ketosis

Options
bugga814
bugga814 Posts: 41 Member
Can you stay in ketosis long-term I'd like to make this a lifestyle and my family is saying that you can't do this that it's unhealthy

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Canadian doctors rock awareness-raising about low-carb eating
    https://dietdoctor.com/canadian-doctors-rock-awareness-raising-about-low-carb-eating
    Easy description of Keto diet along with health benefits and an interview with Dr. Dom D'Agostino: https://medium.com/ketowell/eating-fat-lifting-cows-and-preventing-seizures-an-intro-to-the-ketogenic-diet-with-dom-d-13dc94f2c601
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have.
    I’m not sure humans prior to agriculture revolution could have much avoided it.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Keto for over a year now and I have perfect health where as prior to this I was 90 lbs overweight, was pre diabetic, had high blood pressure etc etc. I do blood and urine lab tests regularly. I am now gaining lean mass while still eating Keto every single day. I never go out of ketosis. I test my BLOOD ketones regularly. People all over the world eat keto full time every day of their lives even athletes whom have no fat to lose but just want to keep their lean mass on and regulated. Tons of information at your finger tips all over the internet regarding all of this. A lot of folks you will probably find would be happy to help you with information and mentoring if you seek that kind of help. This forum is mostly all about CICO and a lot of folks on the main forums like to shoot down any Keto/LC folks so you can rarely find good help and info in those areas of the MFP forum regarding this kind of info. First thing anyone should do though is see a doctor, and/or professional dietician. Get lab tests, and as you go along your journey get regular lab tests to see if what you are doing is improving your health markers. That is the only way you will truly know what is happening with your body/health.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I have been Keto since Oct 2014 and health markers continue to improve annually but I was about dead before I started Keto at the age of 63.

By the way I did learn Keto was IMPOSSIBLE for me when I was a carb addict and did not know it.

Best of success. Kept my carbs just under 50 grams daily and over time learned to do Keto over the next year.
  • bugga814
    Options
    Your All great thank you so much for the encouragement
  • bugga814
    Options
    Oh btw I have lost 22lbs in 45 days not bad for a start 😊👍