How to track your daily macros and eat towards a healthier living?

Options
307114882 Posts: 45 Member
Hey, guys. We usually want to have a healthy life about eating、clothing、woking and so on. How do you do to guarantee your food is healthy and safe.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, strange.... your avatar says you have 7 posts, but if I look at your 'name' you only have 4 posts. Seems a little suspect.
    Anyhow, it's always good to get your food locally and find out exactly where it came from and how the animals are raised and slaughtered or how the produce is grown.
    307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hmmm, strange.... your avatar says you have 7 posts, but if I look at your 'name' you only have 4 posts. Seems a little suspect.
    Anyhow, it's always good to get your food locally and find out exactly where it came from and how the animals are raised and slaughtered or how the produce is grown.

Thanks for your first reply. Maybe there is something wrong with the posts, i don't know as well.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    In regards to the topic of the thread, I initially tracked my macros via setting MFP to the macro percentages I wanted. Since I was using the free version, setting targets by grams was not available so I selected whatever was closest via the available 5% increments. It worked for me for weight loss and I chose a 40%c/30/30 ratio and only loosely monitored the percentages. My interest was more in not eating my "trigger foods" that I tended to overeat in order to keep calories in check.

Currently I am using Cronometer off and on for tracking versus MFP. I don't really have super specific targets I try to meet. I choose to eat low carb of under 100 grams daily. I am more intrigued by and interested in the extensive information regarding micros on Cronometer.

In regards to food being healthy...whew! You'll find a broad interpretation of that word "healthy" here and everywhere else. Favorable/healthy for me is a mix of vegetables, fruits, fish, some meat, some dairy, some eggs. I really exclude very little and if I do it is because I don't like the taste (I'm looking at you okra :) ). I even occasionally have pasta/rice/legumes. I don't really consider anything "unhealthy" for me. I do refrain from keeping things like cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, fritos, cheetos and doritos out of my house and hands because I tend to overeat them. :/

In fact, my tendency towards low carb is really a result of what I'll refer as refraining from eating the highly palatable mixed-macro-concoctions that were specifically created by food manufacturers to compete in the food market and obtain a larger share of market/ higher dividends for their shareholders. I have no issue with any of the manufacturers. The successful ones are making money for their shareholders. :) I digress but as I have said before...I personally do not believe I became overweight from broccoli/cabbage/tomatoes/ etc.

There are no guarantees in life. I try to be prudent by washing my fruits and vegetables and not letting food spoil by keeping it refrigerated and/or frozen, as needed.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    307114882 wrote: »
    Hey, guys. We usually want to have a healthy life about eating、clothing、woking and so on. How do you do to guarantee your food is healthy and safe.

I try not to worry about things that are out of my control, this just adds stress to my life which is unhealthy. I practice good food handling methods, (wash my veggies, store foods correctly, cook foods correctly etc). As for healthy-I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but I eat the foods that fit into my nutritional and weight management goals.