Re starting....advices?

Options
jrmie333
jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
Hello everyone,

I was doing somewhat well on Keto then october I stopped, and well 5months later and more than 20pounds gained. So I would like to turn this into a lifestyle and not stopped ever. Advices on restarting plz?

Replies

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @jrmie333 Hello. When do you plan on starting? Start with getting your Electrolytes in (WATER with salt),Potassium,and Magnesium. This will keep you from getting the KETO FLU. Then start by just not eating pasta,bread,and Fruit for a week. Then on second week really look into macos protien/cab/fat. Need any help on this just hit me up again after first week.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Longshore thanks for the advice. I have been reducing carbs. Probably not fast enough but enough to start to feel some changes like extra thirst and bloated i am drinking more water. And more energy. But the scalr won't move and that did not happened last time when i started keto. From the fet go I was loosing at least quarter pound a day, but this time nothing. I might not be in ketosis yet maybe?
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @jrmie333 If you stick to under 30 total carbs a day for 3-4 straight days you will be in ketosis for sure. Now to get the full benifit of keto you need to get fat adapted which takes up to 6-8 weeks of being in ketosis. Trust in the proccess and just keep carbs around that 30 mark or lower.