What do you do with your hair?

Options
dragon1ady
dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
I just started doing yoga regularly, all by my lonesome, with the help of an awesome YouTube channel that has a lot of good beginner videos. I've invested in a mat, a strap, and a block, though I am wishing I had a second one and will have to get that soon.

I have also discovered that having hair just past my shoulders is a problem. It's hard to focus on breathing properly through cat pose when every inhale or exhale causes my hair to curve just a little bit further around my face and eventually has turned into something resembling a large furry face hugger. I've tried a pony tail which works great until I need to lay on my back for a pose, then I have to pause and let my hair down, until it's time for another inverted pose, then it's pony tail time again.

What do you do with your long hair when you do yoga?

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I stopped being concerned about my hair in yoga...but this took time! Now I let it flop all over the place, fall into my eyes. I love it like that. It feels wild (I have long hair). The challenge of hair is one that I like to meet in yoga; I feel like it offers me an opportunity to grow by not allowing myself to get overwhelmed by petty problems.

Cheers,
    Jenn
  • 8purplesnails
    8purplesnails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dragon, what about a wide elastic head wrap? Or maybe a bandana?
    My hair is to my waist so I just braid it. In some poses it kinda acts as a weight on my neck, which drives me nuts! I'll have to try to put into practice that wisdom from lady zherra about using it as a reminder not to be annoyed by the little things in life!