April Challenge

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
Hi everyone!

April is upon us, welcome, spring! What are your goals this month? Fyi the spreadsheet is ready.

My goals:
1) the perfect tracking month. I have some habits to rebuild so i want to track my food no matter how over or how much I'm guessing.

2) find pants other than maternity pants comfortable? This might take more than one month but dayyyyum I'm sick of maternity pants. I.e. lose weight.

3) go for walks on daycare + nice days

4) continue discarding things i dont need from the house.

5) hopefully finish the reno... though it may spill into May.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Well March was a mess with me not meeting any of my goals, not keeping up cleaning at home, and basically maintaining my weight.

This month I'm focusing on the basics:
    • Stay in a calorie deficit
    • Keep up with house chores
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring too this month. I've been stuck at 174-171 for months now. I occasionally dip to 169, but it's only when I'm dehydrated. -.-; I keep experiencing the joys of baby getting viruses and passing them to mommy. haha. Right now it's a lovely cold.

Goals:
    Eat less ice cream and nutella
    Get back into my pre-pregnancy pants
    Plant the garden with squash, zuccini, tomatoes, peppers, etc.
    Familiarize myself with Quickbooks, the online version, so I can work more from home.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Well March was a mess with me not meeting any of my goals, not keeping up cleaning at home, and basically maintaining my weight.

This month I'm focusing on the basics:
    • Stay in a calorie deficit Don't gain weight
    • Keep up with house chores

I have been really struggling with hunger and staying within my goal or even under maintenance lately, so I have decided to take a diet break. I know these don't have to be more than 1 or 2 weeks, but next week I am going out of state for work and Leo will be out of state for work the following week which means I will be parent-in-charge plus all of my usual live like I'm single eating indulgences :D So I plan to be on the diet break until at least April 26th or maybe even the end of the month.

On the plus side, our bathroom remodel is nearly completed to the point the garage can be cleaned back up, and the old countertops from this and the previous remodel 2 years ago were removed today. So our weight lifting equipment just needs to be cleaned from all of the dry wall and tile dust, and then I can start using it again. I have only ever done serious weight lifting while in a deficit so I will be curious if it feels any different being in maintenance for the first 3 or so weeks back at it.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Alioth I definitely read that as "eat more ice cream and nutella" and I was thinking now that's a goal I could definitely achieve. haha!

@puffbrat There's no set rules for a diet break, take as long as you need! =) What weight lifting equipment do you have? We are going to be able to have a home gym when we get into the house and we are pretty set on cardio equipment but will eventually start getting weights, etc to do strength training so I'm just curious. haha. What program do you follow?

Actually anyone that has a home gym, I'd be interested to hear what equipment you have, any advice or tips, (things you which you new before buying something or before you set up your gym,) pretty much anything you think would be helpful. haha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My goals for the next couple months:
    • Continue to log my food
    • Follow my walking program

I have one more walk to do this weekend and then I'll have finished the first week. I got back to logging my food last month and have gotten back in the swing of it. I'm going really slow with any changes right now because I tend to start changing too much too soon and then I just crash and end up gaining and I want to avoid that.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    So looks like I'm on hiatus for weight loss due to ongoing milk supply issues. Need to make sure Brooke is well fed before I worry about how my pants fit. So switching that goal to maintain for now. I haven't been logging either. Out of the habit and finding it draining during Chris's busy season since I'm doing a lot of parenting and haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I follow Stronglifts 5x5. We have a half squat rack, bench, olympic barbell, barbell weights, and squishy gym floor mat tiles. We also have a full-length mirror that we removed from the wall in our master bedroom when we bought the house and decided to keep as a mirror for our weight lifting area. If I remember correctly, the barbell that came with the rack had really bad reviews for being weak so we bought a better one separately. We also had to buy better clamps because the ones that came with the weights was awful. I can get you the actual details of what we bought - brand, price, etc. if you would like.

@VeryKatie I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with supply issues! I hope it gets better quickly. That was one of the most stressful things I have ever dealt with.

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Sorry you're having supply issues, hope things improve soon!

@puffbrat I'd appreciate any information you want to share! =)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @VeryKatie Sorry you're having supply issues, hope things improve soon!

@puffbrat I'd appreciate any information you want to share! =)

I'll look this weekend and get you the info.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Thank you! =)
  • Alioth
    Options
    @puffbrat Sounds like a nice setup. Oh, and cheers on the new bathroom almost being ready!
    @VeryKatie Let me know if you figure out the secret to getting the hang of parenting. I so wanna be there! ah, enjoy your maintenance time.
    @WifiresGettingFit Good goals! I mean, the walking 'n logging not the nutella haha. I didn't do so well on that no nutella goal this month.

I maintained and did not lose any weight...But I got smaller somehow because my shirts are not as tight and my bras are extra baggy. Go figure. I had a nice day yesterday shopping with mom. I found a wrap dress that does not make me feel like either a milk cow or an old bag lady. Hooray! I own two such dresses. Going through pregnancy, birth, and post birth body is so demoralizing. It's nice to fight back and look sorta normal.

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth haha thank you! It's a hard goal to limit the things you love. Also, maintaining is a win in my book! Yay for finding a dress you love! =)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I actually completed both my goals. That's a first in probably ever. haha!
    My goals for the next couple months:
    • Continue to log my food (DONE!)
    • Follow my walking program (DONE!)

• Alioth
    Options
    Well done @WifiresGettingFit ! Go you!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Here is what the whole setup looks like in our garage. Sorry the pictures are so messy. It actually is a reasonably usable space.
    ngw8e7dm0exz.jpg
    pxh3lavpwbmc.jpg
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Thank you both!

@puffbrat Thank you for the links! Loved seeing the set up!
This discussion has been closed.