Only place where I can put this

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
In the recent months I have been eating less than optimal and gained some weight. Just with adjusting how much I've been eating and eating a little less, I went from 128.0 lbs to 123.6 lbs in 18 days!!

I'm proud of myself. I like that it came off so quickly! I believe my natural weight is 123 and that's why it went back to this number.

I was at a high about 2 years ago at about 142 lbs. I completely changed my nutritional lifestyle and the weight just came off. I didn't even incorporate exercise. I'm active but not consistent, so I can't say that exercise had a big impact.

You really can lose weight with diet alone. I wouldn't recommend that because exercise is very important. But what you put in your mouth matters.

While losing this weight in 18 days, I did not deprive or starve myself. I usually ate 3 meals a day and snacks in between.

Just wanted to post because I was so excited and other groups may not understand.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• tbolashana
    Options
    OMG!!! I just noticed that I set a goal of 123.6 exactly and that's exactly what I weighed this morning!!

That's crazy to me!!! It's dead on!
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @tbolashana
    I completely changed my nutritional lifestyle and the weight just came off.
    This is so true. I think especially when your lifestyle is already healthy, making a small tweak can really change things up. I gave up wine -- for lots of reasons, but weight loss was on the list. Becoming more mindful about eating was all it took and I am at my ideal weight now as well. I might lose two more pounds as an "insurance policy" for when I travel, etc. But I have not dieted, not suffered, certainly not sacrificed anything. I just eat massive amounts of vegetables. (And I do mean massive!) I have a refrigerator full of cooked vegetables and beans and I mix them up in interesting combinations every day and eat until I am stuffed. I am so much happier with my body than I was four months ago!
  • passioneff
    passioneff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey! This is amazing! I am trying to get abs! I have created a discussion on abs challenge. Would be happy if anyone wants to join!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    @tbolashana
    I completely changed my nutritional lifestyle and the weight just came off.
    This is so true. I think especially when your lifestyle is already healthy, making a small tweak can really change things up. I gave up wine -- for lots of reasons, but weight loss was on the list. Becoming more mindful about eating was all it took and I am at my ideal weight now as well. I might lose two more pounds as an "insurance policy" for when I travel, etc. But I have not dieted, not suffered, certainly not sacrificed anything. I just eat massive amounts of vegetables. (And I do mean massive!) I have a refrigerator full of cooked vegetables and beans and I mix them up in interesting combinations every day and eat until I am stuffed. I am so much happier with my body than I was four months ago!

@lagoscarrie

Lol. I, too, love to have an insurance policy. I also eat beans and veggie all the time, but I am getting somewhat bored of my combos.

What are some of your combos?
  • tbolashana
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your success! I feel inspired to read about your journey.

I feel like my perfect weight is 125. Anything less than this and I can feel too thin and not good. But 125 is like a magic number for me, up to 128. I love being in this range -- I feel healthy, sexy, fit, and my clothes fit well.

I came in on MFP a couple weeks ago at 140. So, I felt good to read your experience. I've been making small changes to my diet and staying accountable. 18 days seems like a short time to me, but I am glad that you achieved your goal. My time frame is much longer. I'd like to reach my goal weight by the end of summer.

Jenn

@ladyzherra

Well I didn't lose it all in 18 days. Lol. I think it too more than 1 year. But the 4.4 was in 18 days.

Thank you for looking my experience. Others, a lot of times, don't understand. They say "You're already so thin. Why do you want to lose more?", but they don't understand that we know how we feel with a couple of of extra pounds.

I know that my and aren't the same with 5 extra pounds. But I just don't pay attention to them because I think that the most of the time they are jealous and aren't concerned at all. So whatever to them.

Great job for losing your weight so quickly. You really took control and should be proud. Good luck with the last few.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    passioneff wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your journey! This is amazing! I am trying to get abs! I have created a discussion on abs challenge. Would be happy if anyone wants to join!

@passioneff I'll check it out.
  • MeadowRae
    MeadowRae Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    OMG!!! I just noticed that I set a goal of 123.6 exactly and that's exactly what I weighed this morning!!

That's crazy to me!!! It's dead on!

I feel like 140-145 is my happy weight (I'm 5'7" and pretty muscular) I was up to 155 again and not feeling the best. People told me I still looked great, but that wasn't the point. I just felt heavier and less fit, and my clothes felt all weird. I'm ultimately trying to get down to 135 now because I'm training for a half marathon and people think I'm nuts. Even if I'm mostly muscle, muscle is still heavy, and on top of that it requires more blood and oxygen to function than fat. Losing some weight is going to be really helpful in getting me over the finish line. Thank you for sharing!