May Flowers...

NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
Happy May, all!

Here's our continuation from last month!

Here are my goals:

Food:
Log, minimally, five days a week.
Continue adding different vegetables at least once a week.

Exercise:
Minimally, four times a week.
Continue listening to my body and taking days off as needed.
Work on my push-ups.

Personally:
Make myself a priority. Carve time out every day, other than gym time, for me. Whether it be to read, organize a closet I've neglected, work on my push-ups at home on the stairs, or sit quietly in the sun...

I know it's Wednesday, I'll pick up with regular check-ins on Mondays next week! (Same as last month, feel free to jump in and join us any time!)

Replies

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Joining in this month!! Stepped on the scale, I'm up to 151 as of Monday (aka weigh day), from my low of 142. (gag, how I've let myself do this!) I can blame it on my shoulder (tendinitis, so pain lots of the time), my liver issues (had a liver biopsy, found out I had acute liver injury, Liver Doc says from Protein Powder supplements, so, having to eat breakfast is killing me now.) Depression, yeah, it reared its ugly head... but i'm good now with that!

Made goals list yesterday:
    -Water 100 oz/day
    -Exercise! hit the 4/week goal!!
    -Get back under 145.

Then, yesterday I was pulling out the crock-pot to make dinner, and a heavy vase, my lovely son stuffed into the cabinet, ON THE DANG CORD, came falling out and landed on my big toe joint (the base, where the toe and foot come together) and it HURTS! I think just bruised. Thankful it landed there, and not higher on the foot (would have broke my foot) or lower on the toe (would have lost my toenail). So my goal of gym was squashed, pain when walking kind of kills it. sigh.

I have my two year post op appt on May 20th. (Surgery date 5/16/17) Hoping to be back at 145. I've got this!!!

Lets rock the month!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Happy May! Here is my jumping off point for the month, but just like me, it's a work in progress and is subject to change :smile:
    • Log everything I eat - still not great at this
    • Plan for weekends so I don't go off track
    • Some kind of exercise 5 times a week
    • Use my standing desk at work more. I have it and I rarely use it
    • Spring cleaning - I find when I get disorganized in my personal space, it can throw me off in other areas, so I want my surroundings to be peaceful and not chaotic
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    May 3rd Joining the challenge.

May’s weight goal is five pounds down for this month.

Food: Log, be accountable and stay within my calories and macros. Still working on letting a small weight loss give me an excuse to eat and rebound. I need to up my hydration. (Leg cramps last night)

Exercise: I committed to a running team. I have my grandkids every other week 10 hours days. Trying to figure out a way manage my time better.
  • NicoleL874
    Ok guys! First Monday in May! Checking in:

I'm failing miserably at logging. When I work, there's no excuse, I sit in front of a desk and have access all day. I need to work on it.

Making time for me? Went great last week! I didn't exercise Mon-Wed, I knew I needed it physically and mentally. I did a little shopping each day instead, got home and made dinner. I took Thursday off work. Thursday and Friday I did two workouts each. I felt good, and got myself "caught up" from my days off. Saturday, went back to my regular schedule of six days a week.

Push ups? I really just gotta do it. The ones I do in my regular workout aren't getting any easier, I know I have to work on them if I want to see improvement. Clearly not a major priority. I'll get there.

Here's to improving on logging this week!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Do you mind if I join this month too?

Food: meal prep on a Sunday. Eat what’s on the plan (no buying lunch). Don’t graze in the evenings - stick to pre logged snacks.

Exercise: get my minute mile under 10 mins (at 10 mins 40). Compete in a taekwondo tournament on 19th May. Get my deadlifts consistently over 50kg (have never got near my PB post op which was 97.5kg so just trying to consistently improve and keep good form). Find a yoga class to try ( a nice mix of stretching and relaxation).

Personally: get out in the garden (growing veggies). Make time for my new book. Get our wedding officially booked!
  • NicoleL874
    Do you mind if I join this month too?

We LOVE the participation! It helps ourselves just to see what others are doing!
  • NicoleL874
    and I screwed that up, lol, but you get the idea...
  • fit_chickx
    May 6th no change in weight.

Last weekend party at my place. My food was good but, I did have peach sparkling wine.

I have a marathon run on the 18th. I start carb loading on the 11th. (I forgot all about this when I made my goal this month of 5 pounds down) Carbs are instant gain for me. I will be honest and post how much I gain in the week to come.
  • fit_chickx
    May 8th

My disclaimer – I’m five years out. I’m not suggesting anyone to work their plan as I do. Especially in weight loss mode.

Check in: surprised to see 1 pound down.

I started adding carbs after low blood sugars during a 8.5 mile run. I’m amazed how many calories and how much volume I can hold with the sleeve. 1766 calories 119 protein 183 carbs 64 fat. If I was not burning calories I would be in serious trouble.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    May 8th, joining late but I need to get on track. My main goal is to track my food and stay within my nutritional limits. And stay away from wine!!!!! My nemesis.
  • DawnCumm
    So I guess it is Monday check in. Did ok not great but lost half a pound. Not huge but I will take it. Goal this week is to track everything and no wine during the weekdays. : )
  • fit_chickx
    May 13th Monday check in:

Back up a pound and being honest as I carb load this week.
    Crazy day of food: Calories 1671 - protein 147 - carbs 161- fats 54
  • garber6th
    I did really well with my eating over the weekend, which is when I tend to go off the rails. I went to a brunch yesterday at a Cuban restaurant that had the most amazing brunch buffet I have seen, and fortunately they had a LOT of great high protein and low carb options. I did have three bites of dessert, but I was totally done after that, and I stayed on track the rest of the day. Fortunately I still have restriction 5+ years post surgery and it definitely helps me check myself.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Checking in....
    SO, this weekend was BAD BAD BAD... but I did a LOT of walking. We had a couple friends over for the weekend (one lives three hours away from us in Iowa, the other -her BF- lives in England.) So we were taking them all around town, and drinking and eating like it didn't matter.
    I made a homemade cheesecake with strawberry sauce, and I ate it... I made for my friends birthday....
    Yesterday, I slept most of the day, but did get on the scale, 151.8.

So, today, and the rest of this week.... water water water, gym time. Maybe I'll be able to drop a couple pounds?? so I am not so embarrassed when I see the surgeon on Monday 5/20. :(
  • fit_chickx
    May 15th

Total five pounds up. Three more days of carb load to go. Race day on the 18th.
  • DawnCumm
    Summer is coming, let's do it peeps!!!!
  • fit_chickx
    May 17th check in

Weight gain with carb-loading was expected. Half marathon tomorrow morning. Back into weight loss mode on the 19th.
  • garber6th
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    May 17th check in

Weight gain with carb-loading was expected. Half marathon tomorrow morning. Back into weight loss mode on the 19th.

Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • fit_chickx
    garber6th wrote: »
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    May 17th check in

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Thanks.
  • DawnCumm
    Checking in.....down 1.3 from last week. I am out of town all this next week with a family gathering where I am pretty certain the food will not be all that great for me. Wish me luck! Around 15 of us in a home with tons of really high calorie food and celebrations. My hope (not a strategy) is to at minimum not gain the 1.3 back.