Desperate for support

Options
Honeyacid
Honeyacid Posts: 115 Member
I've never been diagnosed with binge eating disorder, but I know that it's been an issue my whole life. I would eat and eat and eat until I literally got sick. It's gotten so bad over the past years that I can't even look in the mirror without feeling shame. Like, I'm not obese, but I am indeed overweight with a unsteady weight of 150 and a BMI of 25.7. This is my first time telling anyone about my struggles. And even though it's online, I still feel nervous some how. :#

Replies

• thaliamarini5088
    thaliamarini5088 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to PM me if you’d like a listening ear that understands all too well.
  • 8purplesnails
    8purplesnails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community Honeyacid! We're delighted to have you join us. We're all struggling together, and each of us here had struggled alone a long time first! Ask questions, come here when you have the urge to binge, tell us when you succeed and fail.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi, I understand and am definitely here if you wanna chat. I have been secretly suffering as well and only ONE person in my daily life actually knows, but really doesn't "know"... It's definitely an issue I am trying to work on. <3
  • ConH12
    ConH12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here no one in my life knows, it is a lonely thing to suffer from. I am on the road to recovery and willing to support anyone friend me,
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    The people in my life know, but there’s not much they can do other than look sympathetic. I’ve been slowly gaining weight over the last few months, which scares me; I love my new body and would rather be dead than end up at 385 lb again.

And yet, when the urge is triggered, there I go with the chocolate... and then literally anything else I can find in the house to stuff in my mouth...

You are not alone. So very not alone.