Guys to motivate weight loss

Options
snowyjr1
snowyjr1 Posts: 18 Member
Ready to loose weight and keep it off. Looking to check in with other guys after being in ww etc with only woman. Lets do it.

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Good to have you with us! We are mostly a quiet bunch here... but we are here!
  • snowyjr1
    snowyjr1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Always good to have support
  • Beowolf95
    Beowolf95 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The struggle of the mind is the most difficult part of weight loss in my opinion. Trying to change ingrained habits and mindsets is difficult to say the least, or it is for me anyway.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Alright guys,...let’s keep making it happen!!! I’m down an average of 30lbs since the 4th. I’m ready to set a new goal to get down to 320lbs. Short term goals to reach the ultimate goal. I’m gonna report back here every so often. Feel free to check in on progress, and also with your own.
  • Beowolf95
    Options
    I have been doing HIIT for the past 6 months, and it has made a huge difference in my strength and conditioning, and while I haven't lost as much weight as I would like, I have lost a couple of inches around the midsection. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but I am going to use the new year to continue focusing on me. I will be doing Dry January and combining that with a renewed focus on clean eating. Physical in February and I would like to see what I can do with a month of pure focus on diet and exercise.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Five years ago, I was in great shape! Slimmed down and looked nice & chiseled. It was great! Then... things changed at work, long hours, stress, you know the deal. I’ve managed to control that and now the trick is to better manage my workout time. Sometimes work burns me out and my tank is empty. Yoga has helped that. So the goal this year is to get three kettlebell workouts in per week along with the yoga. I like KB’s because they give you a lot of flexibility in your program. So the immediate goal is three 30 min. KB workouts per week to build strength & get cardio.
  • Beowolf95
    Options
    It's a series of small steps that take us down a different path.
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Let’s go guys 2021! Jan 2, 2021
  • Beowolf95
    Options
    I'm in.
  • rwatts2165
    rwatts2165 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Rob. Lost 85 lbs here 8 years ago and have kept it off. Returned two days ago to start the journey to loose another 50. Single, professional guy originally from Florida but moved to Lexington, Kentucky 10 months ago to take a new job. Would love to make some new friends and accountability partners on here to help me stay motivated. MFP was always a big help last time. Going to the Y 4 days a week for cardio and strength training and seeing a nutritionist. Hope to hear back from you soon!