avocado chocolate pudding

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I have not done this specific recipe, but have done some avocado puddings. I don't like the coconut flavor much, so I used sour cream instead, which is a no-go for the dairy intolerant but I liked it. It tastes a little "green" to me if the avocado is just a tad too unripe or there's not enough cocoa. But there was a period where I ate a portion of something like this every day.
  • 21deadmonkeys
    21deadmonkeys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've made that one before. I was surprised how good it was. The only thing I didn't like was the hint of cinnamon. Doesn't work with chocolate for me. I also didn't include the instant coffee but my friend did and said it was better that way.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I have not done this specific recipe, but have done some avocado puddings. I don't like the coconut flavor much, so I used sour cream instead, which is a no-go for the dairy intolerant but I liked it. It tastes a little "green" to me if the avocado is just a tad too unripe or there's not enough cocoa. But there was a period where I ate a portion of something like this every day.

I think this is going on my "refreshing summer snacks" list. And I think I'll follow your lead and use sour cream.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I think this is going on my "refreshing summer snacks" list. And I think I'll follow your lead and use sour cream.

Like 21deamonkeys said, if you don't like cinnamon, omit or go easy on it. I changed up whether or not I used it depending on mood. I hope you like it!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and avocado was a favourite of mine. I used whipping cream too. Never tried coffee in it...

I often use it as a chocolate "icing" on baked goods too.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I have done an avocado pudding but it took A LOT of dark cocoa to 'hide' the avocado flavour completely. I like avocado but you likely can't sneak it past someone who doesn't. Kinda seemed like a waste of avocado to me, but then I usually like my avocado plain in a spoon... with fresh ground salt & pepper.
  • ourvibrantlife
    ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yum!