Hello, new to group

Options
DleeMcM
DleeMcM Posts: 9 Member
Hi there I am new to the group and looking to lose weight and make some friends. I am in San Antonio, Texas. I am a paralegal who sits most of the day on the computer, or chained to my desk, so losing weight is hard. Feel free to add me if you think we can encourage one another.

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Hi, :-) Welcome to the group!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My coworkers thought I was nuts when I first started trying to get in shape because once an hour I would stand up and sit back down at my desk 10-20 times. It wasn't much, but it was something. The funny thing is even the little things can make a difference.

Welcome to the group!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to MFP and to the group!\

Having a desk job does make movement challenging for many of us. I try to focus on the time before and after work, and secure some moments of movement then.

Jenn
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just discovered this group today and attempting to make better use of the MFP resources. Feel free to add me as a friend, I've been on here 50 days and it's a struggle to maintain motivation when progress is soooo slow. I'm attempting to find small things I can do at the office to get my upper body more toned & ditch 15 lbs.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi there. The forums and groups are good ways to stay motivated, just reading what others experience. I'd be glad if you added me as a friend!
  • animalMa71
    animalMa71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to this group.
  • styll_me
    styll_me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new as well and would be glad to be a friend!
  • sasful78
    sasful78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new :) First post I think too! 41 and have a desk job..... then it's difficult to motivate to do anything more after work...... Hoping I can get some motivation and in turn support others :)
  • agheit
    agheit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New too and have a desk job too, but at home. I like to weight train, so I keep some weights around the house. That way I can take a long break and get in my lifting for the day. When I worked in an office, I would use my breaks to take walks. The steps would add up pretty quickly.
  • Goal155at50
    Goal155at50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the group. Lofty but attainable goals here. Gotta get to my desired/best weight by my 50th in November. On my way with a great first two weeks - food and fitness wise. Motivated to keep it up -- and it's becoming a habit. Welcome everyone, feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • scatter_sunshine
    scatter_sunshine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie too. Mid 40's from New Zealand. Definitely peri menopausal and 103 kilo's to lose (fingers & toes) over a 18 to 24 month period. Just starting out and would love to have motivational friends please.
  • tammee1228
    tammee1228 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m new to the group looking for accountability partners. My short term goal is to be down 30 lbs by the end of summer. my long term goal is to be down 60lbs by December no later than January 31 of next year. Feel free to add my as a friend
  • SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this group and back on MFP for the 3rd time. I work from home, and deal with some health issues that has limited me from exercising. After gaining 30lbs, not being able to fit comfortably or at all in my clothes, and not liking my body, I have decided to finally do something about it. I will push myself as much as I can to exercise (even if it’s just walking daily), and eating healthier. I am glad that I found this group, and look forward to sharing our stories!
  • otterbx
    otterbx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also in the legal profession, so understand the desk/ball and chain. Thankfully I work somewhere where fitness is encouraged. Does your employer have a fitness/work out policy?
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me too :)
  • michelemorrill1
    michelemorrill1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @DleeMcM I'm new here, but I'm in San Antonio too. I'd love to encourage each other if you're still open to it. take care.