Who Are Ya and What is Your goal???

Options
I'm Tyler, I am 32, and hoping to drop fat and define what I have, I may want to bulk in the future but my goal now is to drop fat, and define what I have!

Tyler

Replies

• roycewolf
    Options
    I'm also looking to drop fat, i have lost 23 pounds so far, after gaining about 60 (due to hypothyroid, and not being medicated at first), but now I exercise daily, i aim for 60 minutes of cardio daily, plus yoga or weight training when I get the chance to. for cardio i do Insanity, jogging, walking, or step ups....sometimes I do actual stairs. my goal is to get to losing the 60 I gained, and when I get there I also will go more hard on weight training. For now I use 10 pound dumbbells when I get the chance, i used to follow a schedule but when school started up again I don't find I have enough motivation or time...that's something I am working on and could use encouragement. my current weight is 174 (may be slightly up or down, because I didn't weigh today), I weigh about every week, and my highest was 197.
  • DDK325
    DDK325 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started off pretty strong and lost 40 lbs before top surgery in June last year. Unfortunately I slacked off since then and gained it all back. I'm trying to lose about 70 lbs and get down to about 12% body fat.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I go by JD or Atlas . I've been struggling with self esteem/body image and weight issues for a really long time. I'm on here to meet some people working towards similar goals and really just to motivate myself to track/monitor my progression. Ideally I'd love to lose 100 lbs but for the short term I'd like to lose 20 by the start of summer. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • fromafoama
    fromafoama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sup guys. I'm 35, live in Central PA. Got serious about my health again after the first of the year and have been pretty straight and narrow since then. I started in the 220's, dropped 29lbs so far. My goal is to get down to around 150-160 and to cut this body fat, currently at 31% (started at 35%) down to at least half that or more preferably.
  • morphingmichael
    morphingmichael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've been heavy since early childhood and it contributed a lot to my body dysphoria. Once I started T in 1999 and had top surgery the following year, I felt a lot more like myself, but it wasn't until 2010 , when I weighed about 230 and my labs came up borderline diabetic that I finally got my act together around fitness. I started by myself at the local Y just using machines. I went 2-3 times a week and tried eating better just by making different choices at my favorite fast food places. I noticed a difference almost immediately, and dropped about 25lbs in just a few months. A year later, I challenged myself (and my fiancee) to enroll in a boot camp, and although I injured my knee partway through, I was really amazed at how well I was able to keep up with the other GUYS my age. I wasn't even the slowest. They helped me modify the workout after my injury and I was able to keep going. After the first 30 days, I did another month. It really helped build my confidence. I kept working out at the Y after that, then in fall 2012 I hired a trainer to help me prepare for my upcoming surgeries. Best decision I ever made! I still have a long way to go to be really fit, but at 51 and hovering in the 180s/190s over the course of three surgeries, I am leaner, stronger, and more muscular than I've ever been in my life. Once I complete my surgical process this summer, I'm planning to really put the petal to the metal. I have a vision of what is possible, and I want to get there as soon as possible. My primary goal is getting to 175lbs, then working on a BMI of <20%.
  • Changeup117
    Changeup117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey yall, just found this group after deciding to give MFP another shot. I'm AJ, 36 & a fat kid lol. Trying to do better, and find that its tricky to do when you're in our situation. I never know how to figure what calories and such since I feel stuck in the middle genetically. I thought it'd be cool to make friends with guys who are in the same boat! I've got the dreaded ftm belly/spare tire, aka-innertube as I like to call it. I just want to lose that, most definitely, and gaining a little muscle would be an added bonus. Feel free to friend me if you'd like :)
  • RushRamble
    RushRamble Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am just coming out as a trans person... fairly new to the community and still trying to figure out what I need to lessen my gender dysphoria. I believe I am overweight because I refused to look at the possibilities that exist and to dare to change. I am waiting to see a surgeon to discuss top surgery. I am looking for FTM and LGBTQ+ friends on MFP so that I feel comfortable sharing my journey.
    163415395.png
  • kpdr89
    kpdr89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey RiverRushRamble007! I'm in a lot of the same boat. I'm still coming to terms with my gender dysphoria, and I am trying to lose weight and get in better shape to have the best possible options for top surgery. I started running this summer, but I haven't lost any weight, so I'm hoping to trim my calories more so I can trip these hips off a little too. Good to meet you!
  • RAV8711
    RAV8711 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Rav i am trying to be more healthy and fit .. get better in shape to attain surgery goals.. and feel better about myself to help alleviate dysphoria, maybe gain some muscle.. i didn't know mfp had groups for support systems on fitness so i thought maybe i give it a go