WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to being part of this challenge in June and meeting you all. :)

Hi @Terytha !
    I'm sure you'll catch on to our ways of keeping track, having fun competing with the other teams, trying new ideas, etc. Please feel free to weigh in on Friday - even though you are on the support team (so it doesn't count towards the end of week/month tallies), you can have the information for YOU. And you'll also get used to weighing in on the same day every week and making your Captains happy!

Right now, you're down for FRIDAYS. If you ever want to change that, just let me know. Just post a message that is clearly only a weigh-in, and I'll put it into our famous spreadsheet. You can go look at that any time - the link is always on the main F2F home page. Once you get into the spreadsheet, scroll down and on the bottom of the screen you'll see a tab for each team - find Waistaways and you'll be there. The top section is the weekly weights, then the support team (where you are for now), then keep on scrolling down and you'll see our stepping stats. If you like to track steps every day, start reporting them any time, and join the gang. If not - no worries. But we always love to hear what people are doing for exercise...

Again on the F2F home page, there are other chat threads besides the team chats. Under "Announcements" there are some challenges for all the teams together. Check them out, and join in any time.

I hope we'll be hearing from you, and that our motley crew gives you the support you need to stick to your commitment, and to get healthier every day. On the first couple of pages of this chat you can go back and read some of the introductions and learn more about teammates, or just dive in here and you'll learn as you go. Welcome!
  • jugar
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    My husband actually told me today that he's proud of me. That is WHAT I need to hear... and WHO I need to hear it from. Not: thought you're trying to lose weight, you're not going to eating that. He's the guy that eats whatever whenever, bowls of Lucky Charms for breakfast, pints of ice cream at the end of the day, and any thing else he wants in between. Yes, he's overweight. No, he doesn't care. Some days I find myself resentful to say the least. But I KNOW I HAVE TO EAT RIGHT TO FEEL GOOD.

Wow. That is so good to hear - the right message at the right time. Maybe you'll inspire him to back away from the Lucky Charms and ice cream!

I'll join in and tell you that you're doing great, too. Cutting back on drinking and the resulting munching is not easy, but it sure feels better. Good for you! It helps me and I'm sure others to see your example, your enthusiasm, and then to take those steps in the right direction. Thanks <3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to being part of this challenge in June and meeting you all. :)

Hi @Terytha !
    I'm sure you'll catch on to our ways of keeping track, having fun competing with the other teams, trying new ideas, etc. Please feel free to weigh in on Friday - even though you are on the support team (so it doesn't count towards the end of week/month tallies), you can have the information for YOU. And you'll also get used to weighing in on the same day every week and making your Captains happy!

Right now, you're down for FRIDAYS. If you ever want to change that, just let me know. Just post a message that is clearly only a weigh-in, and I'll put it into our famous spreadsheet. You can go look at that any time - the link is always on the main F2F home page. Once you get into the spreadsheet, scroll down and on the bottom of the screen you'll see a tab for each team - find Waistaways and you'll be there. The top section is the weekly weights, then the support team (where you are for now), then keep on scrolling down and you'll see our stepping stats. If you like to track steps every day, start reporting them any time, and join the gang. If not - no worries. But we always love to hear what people are doing for exercise...

Again on the F2F home page, there are other chat threads besides the team chats. Under "Announcements" there are some challenges for all the teams together. Check them out, and join in any time.

I hope we'll be hearing from you, and that our motley crew gives you the support you need to stick to your commitment, and to get healthier every day. On the first couple of pages of this chat you can go back and read some of the introductions and learn more about teammates, or just dive in here and you'll learn as you go. Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome!

I don't really count steps, I get all my exercise through video games. Actually, MFP has made this whole thing really easy for me, since it's kind of like my Dungeons and Dragons character stat sheet. It's all a numbers and imagination game. XD
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    I don't really count steps, I get all my exercise through video games. Actually, MFP has made this whole thing really easy for me, since it's kind of like my Dungeons and Dragons character stat sheet. It's all a numbers and imagination game. XD

FINALLY!!! A fellow exergamer!!!!!

What "exercise through video games" do you play? I have used multiple games on the Wii platform over the years, and still use Wii Fit Plus as my long term (more than 2 years now) daily weigh-in record.

But mostly it has been a cardio walking/jogging game for the Wii (coupled with my mini-trampoline for lower impact than jogging in place on ye olde livingroom or basement floor) called "Walk It Out" If you are from the UK, it was release under the title "Step to the beat".

More on than off for more than 7 years now
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

What "exercise through video games" do you play? I have used multiple games on the Wii platform over the years, and still use Wii Fit Plus as my long term (more than 2 years now) daily weigh-in record.

But mostly it has been a cardio walking/jogging game for the Wii (coupled with my mini-trampoline for lower impact than jogging in place on ye olde livingroom or basement floor) called "Walk It Out" If you are from the UK, it was release under the title "Step to the beat".

Back in the day I had Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution.

These days I have a decked out gaming computer, a virtual reality setup, and Beat Saber. We have some other games, but Beat Saber is my ultimate cardio. Someone in the custom mods created the 500 Squat Challenge which I've been trying to beat for a month and a half. Got to 250 so far.

Just goes to show you. I hate exercise and can't be forced into a gym, but if it's for the sake of beating a video game I'll train like an Olympian. :tongue:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    All the Wednesday people hare reported and been recorded.

MIA (from Monday)
    @tdrjustus3

Headsup for Tomorrow (Thursday):
    @Blackbeautysue
    @Cory17
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Back in the day I had Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution.

These days I have a decked out gaming computer, a virtual reality setup, and Beat Saber. We have some other games, but Beat Saber is my ultimate cardio. Someone in the custom mods created the 500 Squat Challenge which I've been trying to beat for a month and a half. Got to 250 so far.

Just goes to show you. I hate exercise and can't be forced into a gym, but if it's for the sake of beating a video game I'll train like an Olympian. :tongue:

Lucky you! (I feel so oulde school with my wee Wii .... could be a generational thing .... ) I know about D&D, though! Between my hubby who was part of the first ever D&D group in our town wayyyyyy back in the original days, and my son who was often DugeonMaster for his high school / university buds.
  • BMcC9
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Don't forget to check in to the Moderators' Discussion - read what people have posted about what they are proud of accomplishing - and post something yourself>

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743622/week-2-mods-change-up-pitch/p2

And have you left a recipe or picture on the "Show me your food" page?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10741911/may-show-me-your-food#latest
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/14
    Steps: 10239

5/15
    Steps: 11618
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Hi @Terytha welcome aboard! Glad to have you on our team. This is a great group of folks!! 😀😀
  • jugar
    Options
    2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

It seems our usual group of steppers has shrunk! Anyone is welcome to report their steps and bask in the glory of the totals at the end of the week. So far this week we have only 5 people, so feel free to join in, and send steps back to Sunday. Thanks!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Cory17
    CW 215.6
  • AllieMaine17
    AllieMaine17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I may be being stupid but what does PW stand for?

Also what do you do at events? Do you keep track or just enjoy yourself? I have an massive annual bbq+booze up coming.
    X
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

It seems our usual group of steppers has shrunk! Anyone is welcome to report their steps and bask in the glory of the totals at the end of the week. So far this week we have only 5 people, so feel free to join in, and send steps back to Sunday. Thanks!

I am in, sorry didn't realize we were still tracking.

Sun: 4810
    Mon: 3890
    Tues: 13622
    Wed: 11366
    Thur: Still tracking and will post tomorrow morning
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Cory17
    CW 215.6

Good one! You went down 3.4 pounds this week - excellent job.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey

Also what do you do at events? Do you keep track or just enjoy yourself? I have an massive annual bbq+booze up coming.
    X
    No such thing as a stupid question! PW is for Previous Weight. When you weigh in every week, it is usual to put in your PW and your CW for Current Weight. If you don't remember the previous one, don't worry about it. As long as the new weight is on your weigh in day and you post it here. Thanks!

And events, there are a few approaches. Sometimes, plan ahead, drink lots of water, and pick what can fit into your remaining calories for the day. Have fun without stuffing yourself or drinking too much alcohol. Other times, you might want a totally "free day" where you just write it off, but be sure to get right back on track the next morning and have some really good days so that you don't fall back into old habits. Sometimes you might want to bring some of your own veggies and healthy food, but if that feels weird, just work out the plan that feels best to you. And really be sure that next day is a good one!

have a blast, whichever way you decide to go.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 8,150.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hey

X
    No such thing as a stupid question! PW is for Previous Weight. When you weigh in every week, it is usual to put in your PW and your CW for Current Weight. If you don't remember the previous one, don't worry about it. As long as the new weight is on your weigh in day and you post it here. Thanks!

And events, there are a few approaches. Sometimes, plan ahead, drink lots of water, and pick what can fit into your remaining calories for the day. Have fun without stuffing yourself or drinking too much alcohol. Other times, you might want a totally "free day" where you just write it off, but be sure to get right back on track the next morning and have some really good days so that you don't fall back into old habits. Sometimes you might want to bring some of your own veggies and healthy food, but if that feels weird, just work out the plan that feels best to you. And really be sure that next day is a good one!

have a blast, whichever way you decide to go.

Sometimes, I like to bank calories beforehand. So for 2 days before the event, I am super careful with my food and stay under goal to save up calories for the event. I find I am then more careful at the event as I've worked hard to allow myself to enjoy it. That way I don't go overboard (ruin my hard work) but still have a good time. I hope that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.