Friends, anyone?

Charm_84
Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
Hi I'm 35 and from the UK.

I am currently undertaking physiotherapy for a bad knee and would really appreciate some support and motivation.

My current goal is to complete the course of treatment with the view of re-educating myself on my eating habits. The aim is to lose up to 2 stone eventually.

I'm on here daily and diary is open to friends.

Thanks.

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    I added you - I decided I needed to start making use of the forums for moral support and welcome any new friends.
  • lawmomathome
    lawmomathome Posts: 751 Member
    I added you too. I could use the extra support as well
  • katekams
    katekams Posts: 22 Member
    me too
  • Fattystaceface
    Fattystaceface Posts: 3 Member
    Added everyone. Looking for some more motivational friends to reach my goals.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Natalia. I have 15 pounds to lose. I plan to get to my goal weight by August 31.
    I recently made a clean up in my friend list and kept people who communicate, but I don't have much people with same fitness goals. I would love to have some open for a chat friends with similar goals.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi! i’m Twyla. I’ve been fluctuating between 129lbs - 126lbs for the last few months (down from 150 lbs at my heaviest) and my goal is to maintain around 120lbs. I’m struggling with motivation especially now that it’s patio season and i’d much rather go for after-work beers than to the gym lol.
  • Charm_84
    Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks to those of you who have added me already- much appreciated.

I've decided to up the anti and work harder to lose the excess weight, starting at losing 0.5lb/week.

Would appreciate as much support as I can get!
  • Moonkoii
    Moonkoii Posts: 3 Member
    Hey, I'm adding you all! I am trying to lose as much fat as I can before July 5th, when I am going to Tokyo. I'd love some help staying on track for the next month!
  • dbithiahh
    dbithiahh Posts: 2 Member
    I had a knee injury that put me back a month, but I'm back. Diet was a bigger issue. I'm looking for friends how use Samsung tracking, and running on myfitnessrun. For my injury, I tried for more steps everyday, and did everything the physical therapist told me to do! The elliptical did well for me, but I know what your knee injury is. I started at 220lbs. Today 156.4. It works, and I'm look for someone who what to works!
  • helenpizzie
    helenpizzie Posts: 3 Member
    ive just jumped back in to MFP as I initially lost 4 stone, but ive hit that age where weight just starts to creep back on. I am about 140lbs but want to drop to 120 which is where I felt my most comfortable and at what size all my clothes fit me. Ive cut right back on the diet and upped the exercise, but i need to be motivated to carry on..... :-)
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Charm_84 wrote: »
    Thanks to those of you who have added me already- much appreciated.

I've decided to up the anti and work harder to lose the excess weight, starting at losing 0.5lb/week.

Would appreciate as much support as I can get!

Sent you a friend request.
    I' 5'5", 37 years old, currently 147 trying to get back down to 133 ish.
  • MzEva
    MzEva Posts: 1 Member
    Let me begin with "how brave you are to share your needs and to seek support". It is an intimidating action for some. I injured my back roughly 4 years ago and it took me about 1.5 years to regain my ability to work out like I did pre-injury. Try your best to be positive and refresh yourself on your goals whenever you feel tired or stressed. Good luck!!
  • lilarose1027
    lilarose1027 Posts: 6 Member
    I am going to add you all as friends too, My husband is my only friend on here right now. I am 28 and recently had my first baby. Already lost all the baby weight, now I am trying to get to my all time goal weight of 155lbs. I want to be shredded. my pre-pregnancy weight was 198lbs and I got up to 230lbs which was rough on my body. As of yesterday I am 194lbs. I am giving myself a year to get to my goal weight of 155lbs
  • hadasul
    hadasul Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I had several months of physiotherapy after a severe ankle sprained, which impacted my back a few months after. It can be though, painful, and slow but getting better is very important so you don't further hurt yourself. I found that doing exercises in the pool really helped me with range of motion. Good luck to you, added you as a friend!