Saying Hello

Options
buniphuphu
buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
Hi Everyone! I'm just getting back on the wagon after not doing anything for a long time. As a result, my weight crept up to the highest it's ever been...341, and that was my line in the sand. I decided no more. I'm 47. I have joint problems, asthma, mild sleep apnea, and my bp is starting to become an issue.

I'm mostly following CICO, but I've also eliminated cokes and most starches. I've added fish to my diet once a week, which was a big increase from MAYBE once a year. I'm eating lots of veggies and fruit with each meal, which keeps me sated.

I'm swimming laps for my exercise as my hip/back orthopedist (I have 4 orthos) won't let me do any weight bearing exercise. Once I get under 300, I hope to add a bit of weight training to the mix.

I started back on the 5th, and I lost 3 pounds my first week. I'm feeling positive right now, but I know there's a long road ahead to get to where I want to be.

Replies

• gretchengatewood
    gretchengatewood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hope you reach your goals!
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    Thanks!
  • missyms740
    missyms740 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You got this!!
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    missyms740 wrote: »
    Awesome!! You got this!!

Thanks! I'm working on it!
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! When I started, I didn't really think I could. And I'm still not convinced that I'll succeed, but I'm determined to face each day with clarity. And I wish the same for you!

I'm also starting a journey to lose a lot of weight (145 pounds) because I'm up to 330. My doctor told me I needed to lose some weight because of my disability (I'm paraplegic amputee) and I have some medical problems that are made worse by the obesity. That was my moment of clarity - it cut through all the lies, excuses, and denial. I suddenly saw what I had become. And I'm not satisfied.

So I've started making some permanent changes to my diet. And because my lifestyle is very sedate, I've added exercise 5 times a week (3 days of cardio, 2 days of weight training - not to be confused with strength training).

I've been at it for 45 days and only lost 12.7 pounds so far. But that's more than I was doing 45 days ago!