What's your favorite treat/snack when craving something sweet??

Options
Giggles40
Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
Would love to hear some idea's for sweet treats that help with the sugar cravings.

Thanks
G

Replies

• tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Low carb cheesecake--the baked kind with egg, cream cheese and splenda.
  • Lindseymofo
    Lindseymofo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE fat bombs...peanut butter cups to be exact. I probably make 2 batches a week! They really help with ketosis too!
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i've heard about the fat bombs, but have never gotten around to making them.
  • Kidlaa
    Kidlaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For me it is a cream pie that I make using cream cheese, sugar-free jello, and heavy whipping cream! !
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I need to try the fat bombs as well, but I've really been enjoying herbal teas in the evening. I really like the Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger or Mandarin Spice.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    chocolate ice cream, I make it myself, its SOOO good
  • GoodTXGrl
    GoodTXGrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sugar free candy or chocolate protein shake.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Atkins Peanut Candy. It's like eating a regular bag of M&M's for me and I don't have to cook it. LOL.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Piece of Lindt dark chocolate.
    Coffee blended with Walden Farm Caramel Sauce & topped with whipped cream.
    Strawberries & whipped cream.
    Blueberry MiM with cinnamon butter.
  • charlotte251
    charlotte251 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    GiGiBeans wrote: »
    Piece of Lindt dark chocolate.
    Coffee blended with Walden Farm Caramel Sauce & topped with whipped cream.
    Strawberries & whipped cream.
    Blueberry MiM with cinnamon butter.
    That coffee sounds amazing

• aishlynn
    aishlynn Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like the Atkins peanut butter cups :smile:
    Soooo good!
  • DeannaSofia886
    DeannaSofia886 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/ I found this link while looking for recipes - some really good ones!
  • ginaleeisme
    ginaleeisme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group and would love to know what Fat Bombs are? :)
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Use a tiny bowl---take a dozen of so 100% real cacao chips…2 tbl heavy cram, dab of butter, microwave for 20 seconds til bubbly..add Stevia/Truvia..stir..I like to dip a teaspoon into the "soup" or toss in some chopped almonds & dry coconut flakes..and nibble.

Fulfills the "sweet-chocolate -crunchy" taste I desire..otherwise I take 2 oz cream cheese, mash in 1 tbl butter, sweetener/vanilla/lemon ( or other) flavor..mash more and eat with a spoon..it's not quite 'cheesecake', but dense and creamy to satisfy. Make only one serving, enjoy.

My best trick is to buy netrition.com Capella "flavors" $3.26 for a bottle of pure flavor-no alcohols- like Pralines & Cream, or Blueberry/raspberry ( means you can use FEWER real fruits for same flavor) "Sugar cookie" and Chocolate Raspberry" make a real difference in protein shakes….AND to iced coffee…Love having these when it's hot out.

Sometimes all we need is a little "flavor' taste to keep to the plan vs giving in to a Adkins candy bar or cookies which are truly NOT low carb…but false carbs at high price in more ways than one..
  • timwhoa
    Options
    lots of great low carb foods and DESSERTS here at george stella web site called stella style http://www.stellastyle.com/
    I do the low carb cheese cakes and low car ice creams
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Timwhoa…zowie..I LOVED the ricotta cheese use in fritters and in SB ice-cream…I haven't bought Ricotta during my Low Carb WOE…but these simple recipes are really engaging. Haven't made any fried LC deserts before, so I wonder if almond flour can be substituted for soy flour in his recipe? ..will test it and see.

I've made the LC cheesecake with cream cheese-butter-HWC and lemon flavor for a long time..so the use of Ricotta is a nice change!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I find the almond flour tastes so much better than soy, i cant seem to find soy flour that is not bitter,, good stuff there for sure
  • GoldenLife80
    GoldenLife80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump

Has anyone tried the halo ice cream
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No but I am interested. What is it?
  • erikalouise7
    erikalouise7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love eating the Atkins bars you buy at the store when I’m needing some sweets.. only 2 net carbs and tastes like a candy bar.. mmmm