Getting fiber in?

liketoyak
liketoyak Posts: 174 Member
How is everyone doing that? What are you eating for veggies to get that in? I'm having trouble getting it in. How important is that macro?

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    It has not been very important to me, except I subtract the fiber from the carb total to get net carbs for that macro.
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Fiber is very important for the gut health and assists in weight loss. It also helps prevent bloating. I am doing keto and it's especially a struggle to get enough fiber from food. So I drink my own version of keto black tea twice a day.
    In one cup of black tea I add 1 tbsp of psyllium husk, one scoop of Nutiva MCT organic powder with Acacia, one teaspoon coconut oil and drink it. It tastes great, gives me fiber, keeps me so satiated that I can fast 20:4 without feeling a single pang of hunger or craving.

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I don’t track fiber at all. Fiber is insoluable and one of its main functions is to bulk up your stool which is important when you have a high carb diet, not so much when you are low carb.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    I don’t worry anymore. I did when I started 9 months ago. But within 4-6 weeks I figured it was not worth the stress. I will subtract it; but I don’t target it
    I am not sure it is beneficial for humans personally and do not seek it out; but I also don’t actively refuse food with it. I do not need it for my physiology
    As with all things, YMMV and your n=1 may indicate a need
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I don't pay any attention to it at all and never had any issues :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I don’t track fiber at all. Fiber is insoluable and one of its main functions is to bulk up your stool which is important when you have a high carb diet, not so much when you are low carb.

This is me. I don't track it at all. I actually try to minimize it because I one of those people who gets more bloating and constipation when I consume it. If I eat more carbs, I do try to include foods with fibre by sticking to mainly whole food sources.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Same here! I don’t need it! After four years of. Keto/Carnivore my body has regulated itself. I’ve, since, had my first colonoscopy that was perfect! Where a couple of years prior a Cat Scan had shown inflammation in my large intestine. Was even hospitalized (3 times before they realized in had an ulcer in my stomach that had eaten a hole in it) over some of problems I was having with my gut. Consistently staying off the junk foods, and carbs has been the best thing I could have done to help myself!

Everybody has to do this (N=1) according to their needs. Patience in letting the body do its job is hard sometimes.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Exactly! It all comes down to your n=1. Some people do wonderfully with lots of fibre but others do better without... The problem comes when those people are married to each other. ;)
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Hello! New here :) I make a Keto coffee with protein powder, coconut oil, and ground flax seed. The flax bumps my fiber intake which is supposed to help with PCOS and has omegas. Hope this helps!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I think I would read up a bit more on flax
    https://mariamindbodyhealth.com/flax-not-healthy/
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    I need more fiber so I start eating Chia pudding. I want to make flax seed crackers and flax seed cereals too.