Anti aging

Options
nvmomketo
nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
This is about BHB byt they approach it from fasting.... is keto a fasting imitating diet, or is fasting a keto imitating diet? ;)
https://nutritionreview.org/2019/05/fasting-molecule-exerts-anti-aging-effects-to-protect-vascular-system/

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting read!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I agree, that article is.very interesting! I wouldn’t think that Keto mimics fasting, it just makes it easier.

The article is primarily discussing a molecule that’s produced by the body when you fast. This molecule is to keep the vascular system (blood vessels everywhere/even the heart and brain) from aging.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll suggest those interested in fasting, longevity, etc also look into the research of Dr. Valter Longo, PhD. He is a professor of gerontology and the Director of the Longevity Institute at USC. He has been interviewed multiple times and many of those interviews are on youtube. He has written the the book, "The Longevity Diet" and has been engaged in longevity research for over 30 years. His mentor is/was Roy Walford the physician/crew member of Biosphere II and a pioneer of calorie restriction.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I'll suggest those interested in fasting, longevity, etc also look into the research of Dr. Valter Longo, PhD. He is a professor of gerontology and the Director of the Longevity Institute at USC. He has been interviewed multiple times and many of those interviews are on youtube. He has written the the book, "The Longevity Diet" and has been engaged in longevity research for over 30 years. His mentor is/was Roy Walford the physician/crew member of Biosphere II and a pioneer of calorie restriction.

Some of his work is interesting, but I have to admit that I rolled my eyes when he came out with a fasting mimicking bar. LOL Just don't eat... or eat fatty meat. ;)
    lighter
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Everyone does not choose to eat keto or carnivore yet may benefit by fasting so the "fatty meat" idea may not be appealing to all.

Additionally there are those who may benefit by fasting but due to disease or disorder, fasting in the form of "just don't eat" is ill advised.